Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

request - Knytt Stories port

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

request - Knytt Stories port

Postby L[one]R on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:16 am

Knytt Stories is one of the best indie platformers. It's simple yet stylish, with beautiful atmosphere and music. It also supports user-made levels, and there are already hundreds of them (though new level archive is under construction and not all the levels are available).
It's a great game, so I really hope someone ports it to Dingoo or Dingux (sadly I myself know almost nothing about porting :/ )

As far as I know it was made in Multimedia Fusion 2. Source code for Knytt Stories as well as some other games by same developer (Nifflas) are available here: http://niffpage.greywool.com/files/Sources/
(Look for Knytt Stories.mfa)
Need a life. Looking for donors.
L[one]R

Re: request - Knytt Stories port

Postby Reo on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:39 am

It's not portable... the PC version anyway. There's a DS version, and that might be portable if some time was put into it. But Multimedia Fusion 2 games are not portable, since it's not really programming but scripting.
Reo

Re: request - Knytt Stories port

Postby L[one]R on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:20 pm

*sigh* Oh well, at least I know now. :S
It's still great that other good games like Doom have already been ported.
Need a life. Looking for donors.
L[one]R

Return to Homebrew