Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Quick question about Linux on the Dingoo

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Quick question about Linux on the Dingoo

Postby seasideron on Sun May 31, 2009 2:18 am

I haven't gotten a dingoo yet since apparently it doesn't run SNES games too well, but is that all supposed to be solved onced Linux on the Dingoo is released? If so, does anyone know how close Linux is release?
seasideron

Re: Quick question about Linux on the Dingoo

Postby Dan on Sun May 31, 2009 3:36 am

seasideron wrote:I haven't gotten a dingoo yet since apparently it doesn't run SNES games too well, but is that all supposed to be solved onced Linux on the Dingoo is released?

No.
seasideron wrote: If so, does anyone know how close Linux is release?

It is already available.
Dan

Postby seasideron on Sun May 31, 2009 4:06 am

Will there be a way to run snes games at full speed in the future? (i.e. official/fan firmware?)
seasideron

Postby Dan on Sun May 31, 2009 5:18 am

seasideron wrote:Will there be a way to run snes games at full speed in the future? (i.e. official/fan firmware?)

It is expected that someone will make a decent port of a SNES emulator sometime after Linux has been released. A lot of games will run full speed with the current firmware if you overclock the Dingoo.
Dan

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks