Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Questions about Themes

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Questions about Themes

Postby kamiyay on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:57 pm

I haven't gotten my Dingoo yet, but I am very interested in themes. I tried to search the forums for my answer to these questions, but perhaps someone here can help.

1. How do you make a theme?
2. Is it hard?
3. Is there anyone here who would like more?

(I was thinking a zelda/metroid based themes. A bunch of Final Fantasy games also came to mind, as well as an extremely simplistic/minimalistic white on black theme.)

Once I get my Dingoo I hope to be able to do some themeing, but if it is very hard to do I may pass. I was just thinking it'd be nice to have some different ones.

EDIT: also yes i have seen the megaman and zero themes on the forum as well as the halo and other themes on that one dingoo website.
kamiyay

Re: Questions about Themes

Postby emusan on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:13 pm

All you need to make a theme(as far as I know) is to download a theme by someone else(lots on Dingoo-Digital), and replace all the pictures with your own, keeping this picture sizes the same. And I think a metroid of FF theme would be pretty amazing.
emusan

Postby kamiyay on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:20 pm

Awesome! When my Dingoo arrives, I will get to themeing. So far on my list:

Zelda (1, LTTP, and maybe 2)
Metroid (just a general one)
Final Fantasy (4 and 6)
Street Fighter (maybe)
Simplified/Minimalistic theme(s?)
Perhaps a few Anime/Movie themes.

I am pretty good in Photoshop, but I am going to try to do everything in the Gimp. As I said, I have to wait for my Dingoo to arrive and after that I make no promises on the speed of my deliveries. However, these are my ideas right now and after that I may do requests (depending on if people like them...)
kamiyay

Postby flaviobello on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:33 pm

hey kamiyay! you can get the original dingoo theme in the dingoo-team custom firmware.
you have seen my themes :P , megaman took about 1 week or less to be ready, cause a really want to release this theme.
all you must do is messing arround with a lot (i mean a LOT) of images, trials and erros, it's better to work with dingoo on hands to see the final result.
it'd not dificult at all cause you don't have to change any info or config or nothing like that, just images.
anyway, ask here and we help you.
good look
ImageImage
flaviobello

Postby kamiyay on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:27 pm

Thank you flaviobello (italian right?). I will start as soon as I get my Dingoo!
kamiyay

Postby flaviobello on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Brazilian :lol:
but my family came from italy
ImageImage
flaviobello

Postby eule on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:25 pm

off: funny, i met more brazilians here, than on any other place in the web. :lol:
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby schanall on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:42 pm

a zelda theme would be really great! I'm to stupid to theme my dingoo myself.
schanall

Postby akibal on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:24 pm

Does someone have a theme template? Maybe that way making themes will be easier. 8-)
akibal

Postby kamiyay on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:27 pm

Just download a theme and take a look at it. It isn't that difficult. I just have to wait for my Dingoo to arrive before I start.
kamiyay

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks