Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Qt Embedded on Dingoo Linux

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Qt Embedded on Dingoo Linux

Postby cyberic99 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:11 am

I think that once the mouse will be emulated with the pad, input will work.
Was it hard to compile everything? did you used uClibc toolchain?
Are things launching fast?

I would be interested if you have instructions or binaries.

cyberic
cyberic99

Postby MasterTutu on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:01 pm

I think the input problems might have to do with the rootfs I'm using (I used ingenic toolchain and old rootfs from dingoolinux site). I've installed the uclibc-based rootfs now and at least in the console, the output looks better. Qt is currently rebuilding for uclibc.

> Was it hard to compile everything?
No, very easy for such a powerful platform. You first have to make a 'MKSPECS' file which specifies some stuff about the platform. I copied the one for mips-linux-g++ and changed to mipsel-linux-g++. The you just run configure:
./configure -embedded mips -xplatform qws/linux-mipsel-g++ -little-endian

After building the Qt libs, you can make your applications using the nice Qt Creator IDE (includes a GUI builder...).

To make Qt recognize the Dingoo buttons, you should set following environment variable:
export QWS_KEYBOARD="TTY:/dev/event0'

Then you should launch the application with option '-qws':
./helloworld -qws

> did you used uClibc toolchain?
I'm switching now ;)

> Are things launching fast?
Yes, I would say it takes about a second to launch.

One important thing: Qt Embedded needs a kernel with network enabled to work as it uses unix domain sockets for interprocess communication. Luckily you posted such a network-enabledkernel on your site. Thanks for that!
MasterTutu

Postby cyberic99 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:23 pm

great!

I'm gonna try it after booboo releases a 'standard' rootfs
maybe you should post a short tutorial at opendingoo?

are there any problems? are applications usable?

If you need another kernel with other features, tell me.
I have to tell you that I have compiled the kernel NATIVELY (not cross compiled) inside a qemu emulated mipsel system.
It has taken 3 days (no joke)
cyberic99

Postby MasterTutu on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:55 pm

> are there any problems?
I still can't get input to work properly. I get keyevents when I press buttons, but it looks like garbage...
MasterTutu

Postby MasterTutu on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:15 pm

Ok, I'm making progress now. The problem with the input was that I was using the TTY driver (which is the default in Qt Embedded) instead of the USB driver (which can simply be enabled using the configure script). So, after compilation of Qt Embedded with USB driver, you have to set following environment variable before you launch an application:
export QWS_KEYBOARD="USB:/dev/event0"

Now that both graphics and input works, I'll try to make a simple application to test the usability of the Qt Embedded framework for the Dingoo device.
MasterTutu

Postby batman52 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:04 am

What about this? Any news? Could you share your working code MasterTutu? I'm impatient to see qt apps on my dingoo (and hopefully I would like to compile myself fbreader!)
batman52

Previous

Return to Homebrew