Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

problem with SMSGOO

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

problem with SMSGOO

Postby atregglypuff on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:15 am

not sure exactly where to put this, was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem:

SMSGoo works great for me, but when I exit the emulator and attempt to launch a 2nd rom it freezes 100% of the time. So it'll work fine at first, then attemping to play another game will lock up the system and force a reboot. After which it works fine for 1 game, then freezes, etc. I'm using the newest custom firmware, not sure if that's the issue, but yeah.

Any ideas?
atregglypuff

Re: problem with SMSGOO

Postby Harteex on Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Have you installed the hacked megadrive emulator? That could cause trouble.

There are two different LCD controllers in different dingoos. I'm not sure if that could cause any trouble.

Edit:
If you're using v1 of SmsGGOO, try v2.
Harteex

Postby alekmaul on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:36 pm

.. and a little search in this forum will tell you that smsggoo is more an emulator and have a thread in emulator section ^^ (perhaps an admin can move this thread to emulator section ?).
I don't have this pb with my dingoo firmware 1.1, the only pb is with tv out, it hangs smsggoo actually ...
alekmaul

Postby atregglypuff on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:14 pm

I'm not sure if the MD version I'm using is the hacked one or not, I don't remember specifically installing one but I guess it's possible one got added in the course of my firmware upgrades and dingux installations
atregglypuff

Postby Harteex on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:30 pm

If you didn't install it specifically, you don't have it. It's not part of any firmware upgrade.

Are you running version 2 of SmsGGOO?
Harteex

Postby atregglypuff on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:16 am

yea, just updated to ver2 to make sure and then updated jukebox again, and I still have the same problem
atregglypuff

Postby atregglypuff on Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Hmm... just noticed that now my Genesis emulator isn't working properly either. It can launch games, but it's just a black screen. The menu works so I can exit, but sometimes the menu gets cut off too. I'm going to try reinstalling I guess, anyone have any ideas?

It also seems like when I reboot my dingoo, it seems to either corrupt or delete my entire folder of genesis roms. I'm pretty sure it's related, but yeah.

edit: Could a mod possibly move this to the emulation forum? Probably have a better chance of finding a solution there, I guess.
atregglypuff

Postby Atrushan on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:27 am

Hmmm... Sounds like SMSGoo doesn't support TV A/V out, let's wait for the author for a new version or perhaps report it to him, it's clearly an emulator bug.
Atrushan

Postby alekmaul on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:50 am

I will try to update SmsGGOO with TV A/V this week but i'm very busy with "real life".
Seem strange, perhaps try to put again old megadrive emulator to see if the pb is from mdfix or from SmsGGOO.
alekmaul

Postby Atrushan on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:02 am

Okay, I understand take your time and thanks!
Atrushan

Next

Return to Homebrew