Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

POWDER

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

POWDER

Postby espontaneo on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:58 pm

anyone interested in porting this?

http://www.zincland.com/powder/index.php?pagename=about

It is a fantastic graphical roguelike - of course the GBA version works fine on the dingoo native - however it would benefit from the extra buttons and larger resolution of the dingoo.

Should be pretty simple it's SDL and the GP2x has a version - Just putting it out there...
espontaneo

Re: POWDER

Postby zear on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:45 pm

Ported it a long time ago. However had some issues with the resolution (too small) and input (couldn't map any buttons).
Besides that the game was playable. A player was able to move through the level and kill monsters.
If you want, you may try it: http://wade.hu/~zear/a320/powder
zear

Postby espontaneo on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:59 pm

Maybe worthwhile contacting the author? Hi email address is at the end of the Readme.txt...

He'd probably be happy to help - by that I mean point out how to change viewport and buttons...
espontaneo

Postby zear on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:07 pm

Mailed him ages ago, he doesn't response to mails...
I may re-mail him though. Maybe this time he will read it...
zear

Postby espontaneo on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:14 pm

cheers for the download!
espontaneo

Postby aceyrandom on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:06 pm

Thanks for your work on this, zear - hopefully Jeff gets back to you - would love to see a "proper" port with remapping, resolution fixed, etc. He's a great guy and usually interacts with people about Powder on rec.games.roguelike.misc quite often so I'd imagine he's just busy.
aceyrandom

Postby mortys on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:08 pm

I think ther's a DS and GBA version of this; Maybe it could help to port it to Dingoo.
mortys

Postby espontaneo on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:55 pm

The Gameboy and DS versions are based off the same sourcecode which is what zear has used.

It already has been ported effectively, zear just needs more information to make it A) not in GBA resolution and B) use the extra buttons of the dingoo

otherwise you might as well just play the emulated GBA version...
espontaneo

Postby darfgarf on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:15 pm

on the dingoo input issue: ask me about it in irc sometime zear, i seem to have got it sorted out pretty cleanly :D
darfgarf

Return to Homebrew