Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post Dingux TODOs

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Dingux TODOs

Postby maxif875 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:02 am

ok i finally get dingux to work

now i'd like to know what can i do from the command line of the dingux because i can't write anything, in which directory of the ext3 partition must i copied, for example, scummvm? or doom or duke or the graphical menu that i saw in this forum?

Thanks again!! this is great!
maxif875

Re: Post Dingux TODOs

Postby quadomatic on Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:20 am

http://opendingoo.com/wiki/index.php/Di ... llation.29

You'll want to edit /etc/inittab so that you don't have to use a keyboard to login.

You can put binaries in the /home directory in your rootfs. You'll have to mount the rootfs as read/write. I'm still not sure how to mount the FAT partition.

Also, I think by a mistake I made in editing my /etc/inittab file in the rootfs, I'm able to edit bash history, allowing me to scroll through prewritten commands, which help me to run whatever programs I want without having to use my computer (I was trying to follow ainu's instructions, but either he made a typo, or I did which caused this, but either way the same end result is reached). I would access the file, but my linux PC is giving me grief, so I can reach the file.
quadomatic

Postby quadomatic on Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:32 am

http://opendingoo.com/wiki/index.php/Di ... llation.29

Just follow those instructions, and you'll be good to go.
quadomatic

Postby dj_yt on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:52 am

quadomatic wrote:Just follow those instructions, and you'll be good to go.

That's a well written set of instructions :)
dj_yt

Postby maxif875 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Nice! i get super mario world to work on snes9x but via the pc, i want to run it directly from the dingoo, i write the history file but now i don't know how to access the history of the commands writted in the dingoo, now anytime i boot dingux SO ask me to login-password, hence i can't do anything without a pc
Hints?
maxif875

Postby grz3siek on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:46 pm

grz3siek

Postby maxif875 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:24 pm

ok i solve the problem of the login by copying:
::sysinit:/bin/login -f root
::sysinit:/bin/sh
into inittab but i still can't get history to work, i've reade some confusings things in that thread i've tried somes but not luck. can someone give me a clear set of instructions to get the history to work? how are yours inittab files? and yours histories files where do you have it? and finally what keyboard should i press in the dingoo to load the history(i think is up-key)?
Thanks
maxif875

Return to Homebrew