Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

please clarify the upgrade process...

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

please clarify the upgrade process...

Postby gibberoids on Mon May 04, 2009 2:33 am

BEFORE DOING ANYTHING:
1. Remove memory card if inserted. ( precaution )
2. Make sure that the battery is fully charged.
3. Backup up all files from the internal storage as these are deleted in the process.

INSTALLING THE USB DRIVER IN WINDOWS VISTA: DOES ANY OF THIS NEED TO BE DONE IF IM RUNNING XP?
1. Put the Dingoo a-320 is USB mode by pressing and holding the B button while inserting a pin or similar into the reset hole
2. Conect the USB cable between your computer and Dingoo
3. Now you need to install the windows USB driver for JZ4740 USB Boot device. Click "Locate and install driver software"
4. Click on "I don't have the disc. Show me other options"
5. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
6. Browse to where you extracted the files and choose "Next".
7. Accept the security warning by clicking "Install this driver software anyway"
8. The driver should now install and a final confirmation screen should pop up informing you that the driver was successfully installed as "Chinachip USB loader". Click "Close"

FLASHING PROCESS: AM I SUPPOSED TO HAVE PRESSED RESET AND B IN THE ABOVE INSTRUCTION FIRST, EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS FOR VISTA? ALSO, RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR IS NOT IN MY RIGHT CLICK MENU. I CAN LOCATE IT IN THE "RUN AS" MENU BUT I HAVE NO ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT SINCE IAM THE ONLY USER AND HAVE ADMIN RIGHTS ANYWAY.
1. Run "flashutil.exe" as administrator by right clicking the file and choose "Run as administrator".
2. Click the "Select" button in the "System DL Config" field and choose "A320_PD27_ILI9325_RLS.dl".
3. Click the "Select" button in the "Firmware file" field and choose "a320-1.03TD-3.hxf".
4. Click the "Burning System" button to start the flashing process.
5. 3 text lines should appear and a "Firmware upgrade" screen should show on your Dingoo. This process could take a couple of minutes.
6. A fourth text line should appear, confirming that the flashing process is complete. Now exit the program.
7. Disconnect the USB cable. The dingoo will now reset and reboot. It will not start up as usual because of the missing system files.

REPLACING THE SYSTEM FILES:
1. Connect the USB cable again.
2. Reset the Dingoo by inserting a pin or similar into the reset hole
3. After a couple of seconds the Dingoo comes up as a physical drive. Open the drive.
4. Copy the contents of the 'ROOT FILES' directory into the root directory ( the same location as GAME, PICURE, RECORD etc )
5. Reset the Dingoo again by inserting a pin or similar into the reset hole
gibberoids

Re: please clarify the upgrade process...

Postby welshmouse on Mon May 04, 2009 2:52 am

yes, you need to do it under XP also. it will say some slightly different things but you must reset while its connected to USB and install the driver in the download, and you must do the same when flashing it.

follow the instructions as closely as possible.

EDIT: oh and no need to run as admin, just run normally (this IS a vista feature)
welshmouse

Postby gibberoids on Mon May 04, 2009 10:34 am

if i connect the dingoo to the pc and press reset+b, it makes the sound like ive unplugged a USB device, followed by the same sound again but slightly stuttered. nothing pops up prompting for a driver install, my pc doesnt even see anything attached to the computer until i hit reset again and then it shows up as a normal storage device.
gibberoids

Postby welshmouse on Tue May 05, 2009 12:24 am

gibberoids wrote:if i connect the dingoo to the pc and press reset+b, it makes the sound like ive unplugged a USB device, followed by the same sound again but slightly stuttered. nothing pops up prompting for a driver install, my pc doesnt even see anything attached to the computer until i hit reset again and then it shows up as a normal storage device.

check in the hardware manager, you should see it there, then manually install the driver from the download.
welshmouse

Postby gibberoids on Tue May 05, 2009 10:54 am

cant believe i didnt look in device manager, what a noob.
anyway its sorted now... new firmware installed :D

cheers for the help welshmouse.
gibberoids

Postby welshmouse on Tue May 05, 2009 10:46 pm

gibberoids wrote:cant believe i didnt look in device manager, what a noob.
anyway its sorted now... new firmware installed :D

cheers for the help welshmouse.

lol, no problem. hope you like the new firmware.
welshmouse

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks