Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

PC ENGINE EMU

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

PC ENGINE EMU

Postby mortys on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:05 pm

here are the source of Hugo a PC Engine emulator.
http://www.zeograd.com/hugo_download.php
Maybe somebody can port it to Dingux
mortys

Re: PC ENGINE EMU

Postby ezelkow1 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:17 pm

It is portable, I did it a few months back just to see if it would work and it plays fine. When I initially did it the screen res was a bit messed up but that was probably just a configuration issue. I believe there is alreayd a posted pce emulator out there that was released way way back when and built for the original firmware. Judging from the screenshots of it it looked like it had the same issues I had so it was probably just hugo ported to the original firmware.
ezelkow1

Postby mortys on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:27 pm

in fact the original firmware emu was really slow and have compatibilty very poor. ther's other PCE Emu floating around but one of them use Open GL (as it emulate a lot of console). I'd really like to have an efficient PC emu as ther's a lot of good games on this machine.
Hope you (or somebody else, as you've done a lot for the dingoo) will port it soon.
mortys

Postby ezelkow1 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:49 pm

Well I would like to but I dont have much time to ever polish up a release, usually I just muck around with porting them until I get them to work to see how well they run and then move on to something else.

I did try it out with rtype and it seemed fairly playable, but I also never played it on a pc or anything so I dont know how the speed compared to it. I also never got a chance to mess around with the first pce emulator that was out for the dingoo so I wasnt sure if it was any good or not. Maybe if I get some time Ill try going back and getting this working again since I did have to reformat a while back and lost everything. From what i remember hugo was a pretty quick port though and didnt require much effort to get going.
ezelkow1

Postby mortys on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Thx a lot, hope you (or somebody else) get time to port it.
mortys

Return to Homebrew