Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Painting the Dingoo+ Adding new Buttons.

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Painting the Dingoo+ Adding new Buttons.

Postby Factory on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:38 am

Hey guys,
I have not yet received my Dingo, But I think I will Paint it black and add some DS Lite/Nes Buttons to it.
Will that be hard?
Factory

Re: Painting the Dingoo+ Adding new Buttons.

Postby Bingo83 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:55 pm

Opening the unit itself is not too hard, and colouring or replacing he shell should be easy enough if you have the right tools and paint. I suppose it all comes down to your artistic skill. One thing to look at though is that the dingoo comes with a pretty decent and tough screen protector and if you want to colour the shell you will have to take this off which would be shame as it does a good job of preventing any scratches or scrapes along the front of the unit.

That should leave you with the case open, the battery is secured with sticky pad so use something flat and gently prise it upward to get full access to the board underneath. Be careful as there are components underneath the battery which could be moved, dislodged or broken.

As ever do this at your own risk and be aware that you could terminally damage the unit by opening it and you will certainly void any warranty you may have with the device.
Bingo83

Postby Factory on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:24 pm

What are those Black Components near the bottom frame on the last picture?
Factory

Postby Bingo83 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Looks like the shoulder buttons.
Bingo83

Postby JeKel on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:51 pm

Near the bottom of the entire picture, yes those tiny black things are the shoulder buttons, but I almost wonder if you mean the speakers. The speakers are the black things still attatched to the empty back cover. You can tell the speakers because they have the wires running to them while the shoulder buttons are soldered right to the PCB.
I tried to look into adding a port for an outboard controller myself. I ended up bailing on the idea for the following reasons:
1) There wasn't much (if any) room left inside the Dingoo so keeping an additional controller port low profile was not really going to work. I didn't want a port that sticks out on the outside of the case. I figure it's nicer to keep it streamlined for sliding into a pocket, I mean, it IS a portable. If I didn't care about that, then Yes, I would have not let reason #2 deter me.
2) The traces coming off the buttons are very tiny and would take a real expert hand and micro soldering skill to tag the runners away from the main contact pads so as not to affect the original buttons (and D pad) functionality.
-JeKel
JeKel

Postby Factory on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:20 pm

Yeah I meant the Speakers.
Factory

Postby ThaCoBRA on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:26 am

Speaking of speakers... I got my PSP speakers in from DX.

I'm gonna have to find a better way to mount them inside the dingoo... I was hoping the 2000 series replacement speakers would fit behind the circuit board easily because they are about the size and shape of a dime. Unfortunately they didn't :cry:

I also have the 1000 series speakers which are almost the same size as the dingoo speakers, just half as long.

The reason I was doing this mod was to possibly get more bass and less distortion from the speakers. They did work and sound better when soldered in, just couldn't close the case back up.

So, I'll be working on it

...Maybe I'll do a 4 speaker mod :P
ImageImage
ThaCoBRA

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks