Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

noob prospective dingo buyer

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

noob prospective dingo buyer

Postby dollarhorror on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:27 am

I've been working a lot of overtime lately, so I think I'll treat myself to a Dingoo A320 when I get paid on the 10th. I just have a few questions for anyone who has the system already.

How long does it take to charge the battery and can I safely use it while the battery is charging?

When the battery eventually will no longer charge, can it be replaced?

Do you charge the battery by plugging the into an ac outlet or or a computer?

I have lots of nes, snes, genesis and GBA roms, but they are all zipped for use with pc emus, do I need to unzip them before I put them onto the dingo?

Do I need to do anything to get the emus running when I get the dingo, or do I just have to copy the roms over and start playing?

What does the GBA emulation look like when played on a TV, does it look about like a SNES?

what do I need to do to get the Neogeo roms running?

thank you for taking the time to read all of this and for any answers you can provide. I'm very excited about getting this and I just want to be able to get started as soon after I get it as possible.
dollarhorror

Re: noob prospective dingo buyer

Postby Xap on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:59 am

Hi dollarhorror

How long does it take to charge the battery and can I safely use it while the battery is charging?

It takes about 3 hours to fully charge, you can play while charging give that you use the adapter, not while connected to your PC

When the battery eventually will no longer charge, can it be replaced?

Not at the moment, but probably someone will find out what battery can be used in place, or Dingoo will see the light and sell one.

Do you charge the battery by plugging the into an ac outlet or or a computer?

Both, but you can only play when charged through ac outlet.

I have lots of nes, snes, genesis and GBA roms, but they are all zipped for use with pc emus, do I need to unzip them before I put them onto the dingo?

Yes, the Dingoo doesn't play zip format games directly.

Do I need to do anything to get the emus running when I get the dingo, or do I just have to copy the roms over and start playing?

Just copy the roms and play.

What does the GBA emulation look like when played on a TV, does it look about like a SNES?

A little worse quality, probably because the GBA has a lower native resolution.

what do I need to do to get the Neogeo roms running?

You can use the MVS converter that's up for download in the emulation section here at the forum, it's used to convert mame compatible NeoGeo roms to .MVS format for use on the Dingoo. The MVS files that are already in the correct format are also gradually uploaded to the emulation section here.

thank you for taking the time to read all of this and for any answers you can provide. I'm very excited about getting this and I just want to be able to get started as soon after I get it as possible.

You won't regret it, the Dingoo is a very nice system, I've had a whole lot of fun with it already and will have a lot more in the future, I just know you'll like it to.

X
Xap
Site Admin

Postby JeKel on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:12 pm

Xap,
I just got my Dingoo yesterday finally, Yay! I want to thank everyone here for letting me know exactly what to expect. I really decreased learning time already knowing some key things like you answered here for this other gentleman. I will be searching today since it seems hard to find certain popular ROM titles such as the most popular NES title of all time. Most sites list them as restricted (that I've found so far). The fact that I personally own SEVERAL copies of the actual game cartridges lets me know that I have already paid for these games so I don't feel bad finding a free download for my Dingoo. Any suggestions? You can send me a personal message if you don't want to post any links here. Thanks guys! I'm having a blast loading my baby up with great nostalgia!
-JeKel
JeKel

Postby Vladar on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:34 pm

Adapter is designed for 220V?
Vladar

Postby ionmyke on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:37 pm

Xap wrote:

It takes about 3 hours to fully charge, you can play while charging give that you use the adapter, not while connected to your PC

X

Actually you can play while it is hooked up to your computer. Use "safely remove hardware" on your pc but leave it plugged in, it will continue to charge while you can play.
ionmyke

Return to A320 hardware