Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

New User of a Dingoo ( Noob Detected!! :) )

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

New User of a Dingoo ( Noob Detected!! :) )

Postby butuca on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:45 am

Yoyo people!
I bought my dingoo few weeks ago, it doesnt arrived yet, but will in this next 2 weeks.
So.. im a complete newbye about the dingoo *things*

If someone can give me few tips, i will be glad! Like the things i need to do when it arrive,
well the only thing im doing is downloading a pack of games to dingoo, but i dont know if there more things to do.

best regards, Butuca!

*PS srry for my bad english. =x
butuca

Re: New User of a Dingoo ( Noob Detected!! :) )

Postby bentodd2000 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:13 pm

butuca wrote:Yoyo people!
I bought my dingoo few weeks ago, it doesnt arrived yet, but will in this next 2 weeks.
So.. im a complete newbye about the dingoo *things*

If someone can give me few tips, i will be glad! Like the things i need to do when it arrive,
well the only thing im doing is downloading a pack of games to dingoo, but i dont know if there more things to do.

best regards, Butuca!

*PS srry for my bad english. =x

I would take 15 minutes or so to set up the dingux Dualboot. You will find everything you need in the Dingux forum on this site. If you want improved snes eumlation, atari 2600, and all the first person shooters (doom, Hexen, Triad etc.) you will need the dual boot set up.

Also if you want gameboy color or colecovision, wonderswan etc you need to download those emus for the standard OS. It does not ncome peckaged with them.

Last but not least if you do some searches there are many emulators for GBA that you can run via the GBA emulator. I

If you need specific links let me know and I will get them for you. You are going to love it. There is new stuff coming out all the time.
bentodd2000

Postby capt_bugaloo on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:33 pm

Read some of the FAQs and threads in this and other Dingoo forums.
Watch a few of the Youtube reviews to see what you are getting.
I would take some time to just flip through the (very poorly written) manual which can be found online, and get to know the machine.
Play around with the native setup before worrying about dual-boot or Dingux; for most users the native environment does everything they want.
capt_bugaloo

Postby Fulton on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:44 pm

I agree with capt_bugaloo regarding Dingux unless you can't live without MAME or those DOOM-type fps games. The native emulators provide a lot of entertainment. I've had my Dingoo for a couple of months now and haven't done anything with Dingux yet. And believe me, I've been playing with it every spare minute!

I would recommend picking out a few games that you enjoy, rather than downloading hundreds of them. That way you'll spend your time playing games and having fun, rather than sorting through lots of games.

Oh, and keep following this forum. It's the best place to find out what's new in the Dingoo world!
Fulton

Postby butuca on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:32 am

Thks for the tips guys!!

I very excited, anyway it didnt arrived yet =/
I dont know how it will arrive ( with emulators/roms or completly empyt)
Dingux are really usefull? it come with 4GB right? i can add a 8GB card, or just a 4GB one?

Mame run just under "dingux" right? I never worked under the linux system, only under the "windows" one =p

All sugestions are welcome!

PS. I ordered mine from DX, someone can sugest me a nice case to my dingoo avaiable on DX or EBAY ?

Cya! Best Regards, Butuca.
butuca

Postby butuca on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:38 pm

Arrived today!

I will post more this night!
Cya!
butuca

Return to A320 hardware