Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

More NOOBery from me

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

More NOOBery from me

Postby dollarhorror on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:23 am

OK, just 3 more days until I order my Dingoo and I have more questions.

1. When I first get it, how do I get the games on it. I know it is USB, do I just hook it to my USB drive and drag files over?

2. Are their already directors on the Dingoo called SNES, GBA, NES?

3. If so, do I just pull all GBA roms in the GBA folder or do I need to make a sub folder like ROMS or something?

4. Is their a detailed FAQ online so I don't have to bug you guys all time?

5. How about a nice step by step video of somebody unboxing and loading roms?
dollarhorror

Re: More NOOBery from me

Postby gadgetmiser on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:11 pm

OK, just 3 more days until I order my Dingoo and I have more questions.

Order one now! Why wait? It's like scratching an itch. Leave it too long, and it might turn out to be terminal rabies, or something like that. Best to be safe and scratch immediately. PS, if you're odering from dealextreme, please conside using the link at dingoo-scene, so I get dx points.

1. When I first get it, how do I get the games on it. I know it is USB, do I just hook it to my USB drive and drag files over?

Windows will find dingoo, and treat it like a device. Drag roms anywhere into your "game" folder, if using the internal memory. If using the Mini Sd card, you can put them anywhere on the MiniSD, even the root.

2. Are their already directors on the Dingoo called SNES, GBA, NES?

No. But you can create any directory you want, as long as it's in the "game" folder in the internal memory. If you use mini sd, just dump the files anywhere, or make any directory you like. I use "Illegal stuff", "Massively wrong", "Breaks 11th commandment", and "I hope Piratebay loses". :evil:

3. If so, do I just pull all GBA roms in the GBA folder or do I need to make a sub folder like ROMS or something?

As per above - you can make any directory, or subdirectory in a directory, and put roms there - as long as its all in the "game" direcotry in internal memory. If you use the mini sd though, you can put the roms anywhere.

IMPORTANT: you should now read this: http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... inisd.html otheriwise you might not be able to find the roms after they are copied over (or it might take you 10 minutes to figure out, instead of 5 :D )

Is their a detailed FAQ online so I don't have to bug you guys all time?

Not that I know of. But ask away.

5. How about a nice step by step video of somebody unboxing and loading roms?

This link shows loading roms http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... inisd.html

There are unboxing videos floating around on the internet. They are extremely exciting. :ugeek:

Welcome to Dingooland, and hope you stick around!
gadgetmiser

Postby dollarhorror on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:45 pm

thank you for the information. Unfortunately, the links lead to a "page not found" error. Any chance you could repost?

Thanks
dollarhorror

Postby gadgetmiser on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:13 pm

gadgetmiser

Postby Bingo83 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:38 pm

The only thing to remember is to make sure the Roms have the correct file extension.

SNES - .SMC
Magedrive - .SMD
Neogeo - .MVS (put standard Mame Rom through the convertor)
CPS1 - Rar'd Mame Roms Work
CP2 - .CP2 (put standard Mame Rom through the convertor)
NES - .NES
GBA - .GBA

I have directories for all the different Emu's but if you dont have a lot they can all be in the same folders as the original emu's.

If you need anymore help when you get one, feel free to post again or PM me.
Bingo83

Return to A320 hardware