Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Moderators wanted!

General forum news and announcements

Moderator: Moderators

Moderators wanted!

Postby Xap on Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi all,

It's become clear to me that with the success of the forum it will require at the very least a laid back form of moderation, more so because of recent spamming (of which the site in question shall never, ever be mentioned on this forum again).

I think we could use perhaps 2 or 3 moderators on the forum to keep things nice and clean.

If you think your the person for the job, please let me know by PM or in this thread, if many people apply (you never know ;) I will select a few on basis of post count and previous behavior on the forum. If you don't get selected, please don't take it personally as I think we only need a few and when positions are filled it's all good.

Thank you,
Xap.
Xap
Site Admin

Re: Moderators wanted!

Postby Haas on Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:47 pm

I would like to be a mod since I can't port games or make them, this is at least something useful I can do :)
But I also would like too organize the forum better like a release forum where only releases may be posted.

I rather try new things and revert them if they fail, then not do it at all. But I once hosted a tf2 forum and that forum had more visitors then the same gameservers so I think I did something good :)
Haas

Postby Dan on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:35 pm

I wouldn't mind doing it, I check the forums a few times a day, and living in Australia I'd probably be here when the other mods aren't.
Dan

Postby flatmush on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:07 pm

I don't mind doing it, I'm already an admin at psp-programming and I check the forums regularly, though I won't be super active in the less technical parts of the forums.
C99 samples without using s2dsdk | MineSweeper | AstroLander
For help with dingoo programming or just in general, join our IRC at irc://irc.freenode.net/#dingoo-a320
flatmush

Postby rossi46 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:52 pm

I'm a moderator over at Sega Saturn UK (in my sig). I'd be up for a bit of general laid back modding. I'm pretty easy-going, but pretty much not into suffering fools.
129/240
rossi46

Postby DukeMagus on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:54 pm

i -still- haven't got my hands on a dingoo (notice the STILL word on it ^^), but i keep reading news and tutorials related with dingoo and general gadgets. so if you need a "theorical" moderator, to help with some links and info for people that don't like to read dingoo-scene or dingoo-digital, count me in.

in the other hand, i'm kinda strict with acid people (and general morons) so i dunno if that would be good
DukeMagus

Postby Doom_master1122 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:40 am

I wouldn't mind being a mod. I've had moderator experience before. Until the forum shut down. But right now I am an Admin on my own forums.
I come her multiple times a day. So Ill be up to date on the newest posts.
Doom_master1122

Postby gibberoids on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:15 pm

id be up for giving it a try.
im on the site everyday, and thankfully its one of the few sites that arent blocked at work so i can be here during the daytime too.
no previous experience in modding forums, porting or coding in general though so i guess there are better candidates out there.
gibberoids

Postby Xap on Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:52 pm

OK people, I think we've got enough moderators for now, the three selected members are:

1. snezzle, a long serving member with a postcount of 118.
2. Dan, member since april, with a postcount of 175.
3. Haas, with 121 posts, has shown he dislikes spam a lot, which is always a good thing ;)

Welcome aboard new moderators, use your new powers wisely, thank you :)

To all others, thank you very much for offering to help out, I really appreciate such involvement and commitment, I'll remember your names and should we need new moderators in the future, you're on op top the list.

Thanks for helping,
Xap.
Xap
Site Admin

Postby Dan on Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Thanks, I won't let you down.
Dan

Next

Return to News & announcements