Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

MiniSD WiFi on dingoo

Linux on Dingoo Installation, releases, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

MiniSD WiFi on dingoo

Postby Homerzinho on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm

First I'd like to introduce myself, I'm 22 years old and I'm capable of coding at c/c++ and I almost finishing my degree at Electronics Engineering.

My question is about compatibility with MiniSD wifi cards, do you guys think this is possible? If dingux already have almost all the features necessary to do that, I'm willing to start reading some datasheets and manuals to start coding a driver to make dingoo capable of wifi through the miniSD.

And, if you guys can point me to some miniSD datasheets/manufactors sites so I can check if it would be doable I would be very glad.

And for those who will say it's impossible, well, maybe it really is. I think it is worth a try and would be a good exercise for me to pratice electronics and programming.
Homerzinho

Re: MiniSD WiFi on dingoo

Postby codiak on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:21 pm

I see a problem in using the minisd slot under dingux, because the card owns dingux :)
But although its a nice idea!
codiak

Postby zear on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:31 pm

Yeah, so far dingux runs off the sd card.
But when we get it running on NAND, this should be possible.
zear

Postby joepie91 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:53 pm

Isn't it possible to use the charging/data cable socket for this?
joepie91

Postby batman52 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:13 pm

I suppose that that kind of developement should be done loading dingux through the usbboot (aka the "old way" for dingux). As far as I understood access the internal flash to store data in reading should be possible, but to access in writing would compromise the filesystem.

Anyway, i think that uneless you are able to do all by yoursef, you'll have to contact booboo.
batman52

Postby Homerzinho on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:03 am

Well, I commented at booboo's blog and I'm waiting for his answer.

Will update topic as soon as he comment it...
Homerzinho

Postby DukeMagus on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:32 am

little use for wifi after all... unless u wanna do wireless multiplayer or automatic updates. browser are no good
DukeMagus

Postby zear on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:30 am

Actually wireless multiplayer is the whole point of having wifi in Dingoo :)
I'm looking forward to this idea.
zear

Return to Dingux