Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

MicroSD to MiniSD

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

MicroSD to MiniSD

Postby Gadgetoid on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:45 am

I've had a whale of a time trying to find MiniSD cards, but had MicroSD ones lying about just begging to be used.

Now? I've adapted the Dingoo MiniSD slot into MicroSD using: http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/transflash-c ... p10533.htm

I had a few suspicions that generic adaptors might not work with SDHC or large capacity, or there might be other problems. But a couple of these adaptors just popped through my letter box 10 minutes ago, it took moments to stick the 8gb MicroSD I had lying about into one, stick it in the Dingo and copy a file to it for testing. It works perfectly.

What really makes these perfect is the fact that the Dingoo has a spring loaded release on its MiniSD slot. I've got an SD to MiniSD adaptor that's chewed to hell because, often, the only way to get the damned thing out of an SD slot (after futility pulling the MiniSD out of it) is with a pair of pliers or (the next best thing) teeth. No such problem with MicroSD to SD adaptors, the card normally goes in the side.

Anyway, I couldn't recommend these things more! MiniSD is my arch nemesis.
Gadgetoid

Re: MicroSD to MiniSD

Postby Vmurp on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:37 pm

Gadgetoid wrote:I've had a whale of a time trying to find MiniSD cards, but had MicroSD ones lying about just begging to be used.
Now? I've adapted the Dingoo MiniSD slot into MicroSD using: http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/transflash-c ... p10533.htm

Yeah, that's pretty much what everyone uses. MiniSDs are too expensive...and too hard to find in 8GB size and higher. But that's a rather high price for just the adapter. Most MicroSD cards come packaged with free Mini and SD adapters. And that way you don't have to worry about compatibility.
Vmurp

Postby Schmidt-Dudley on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:49 am

Ohh man whats wrong with you? :evil:
Schmidt-Dudley

Highscores: 2

Postby slick0n3 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:31 am

Schmidt-Dudley wrote:Ohh man whats wrong with you? :evil:

Lol. I didn't wanna do it, but yeah, idk what the hell's up with him either. Needs to stop. Kind of annoying to come and see a new post and get a link only. To something I already own no less.
slick0n3

Highscores: 18

Return to A320 hardware