Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

mc on dingoo, please

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

mc on dingoo, please

Postby ainu on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:31 pm

Anybody, please, try to compiling midnight commander for dingoo linux, and share please ready binaries with requested files and libs. I tryed but not succesfully. I think this is really useful tool.
Dingoo Linux user & programmer from Russia
Sorry for my poor English
ainu

Re: mc on dingoo, please

Postby booboo on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:36 pm

ainu wrote:Anybody, please, try to compiling midnight commander for dingoo linux, and share please ready binaries with requested files and libs. I tryed but not succesfully. I think this is really useful tool.

Compiling MC is probably not very difficult, but the problem is that in the A320 you have a very limited keyboard. MC would need some modifications so you can fully control it with the available keys....
booboo

Re: mc on dingoo, please

Postby ainu on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:27 am

No, I'll running mc via minicom/ZOC/telnet, for more usability. As for me, this is very big problem — some Linux Live CDs not compatible with installers (for example, Puppy not understand the make command and mipsel-linux-gcc not running on Knoppix, and CentOS live CD dont allow to set root privilegies for write on hdd, toolchain does not fit in RAM).
Up to date, I newer was able to compile any program, except one "Hello, world!" class on java mashine.
mc - first step of usability for common users, ideally up, down, and enter for run.
Dingoo Linux user & programmer from Russia
Sorry for my poor English
ainu

Return to Homebrew