Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

making wad files ? prboom etc.

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

making wad files ? prboom etc.

Postby bentodd2000 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:17 pm

I have a copy of doom I want to use instead of the shareware wad. Do you have to make a wad file or something? Any help please. Thanks
bentodd2000

Re: making wad files ? prboom etc.

Postby CirothUngol on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:17 am

The wad file should be in the DOOM directory on your PC. Just drop the new DOOM wad file into the PrBoom directory (either doom.wad or doom2.wad). Overwrite the shareware wad if it's in there... or go download my DOOMgoo Package. It's got oodles and oodles of nice DOOM Stuff, and is compatible with toddler's image-0.20 and up. Huzzah!
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Postby Haas on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:32 am

I thought you had to install doom to get the wad files. So maybe it is better to just download them, my doom installer said I had not enough memory free. Obvious doom is not used to 30 gig free memory...
Haas

Postby espontaneo on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:45 am

You have to use dosbox to install doom these days ;)
espontaneo

Postby CirothUngol on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:10 pm

Yea, you can use DOSBox to play around with DOOM. I actually use MS VirtualPC with either DOS 6.22 or Win95/98 to load, check and play DOOM/Heretic/Hexen. If you'd prefer, I'm sure you can just Google "doom.wad" and come up with something on the first try... or just grab the DOOMgoo package and pull the .wad you want out of there (the directories are named for the version of DOOM they contain. i.e. "doom219" is DOOM II version 1.9)
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Postby bentodd2000 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:08 pm

I actually just ran the install in windows then opened the folder on the c: drive copied the .wad. Put it on the SD and works perfect.
bentodd2000

Return to Homebrew