Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Magnet damage?

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Magnet damage?

Postby ralph wiggum on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:43 pm

So, I found a cheap and nifty cell phone holder at a kiosk at my local mall that fits the unit perfectly, but instead of velcro or snaps, it uses magnets to keep itself closed. Can this damage the dingoo in any way? Just making sure before I purchase and potentially destroy any files/save data.

I know most newer technology is unaffect by magnets (i.e. LCD screens vs CRT screens), but I'm unaware of any possibly internal damage.
ralph wiggum

Re: Magnet damage?

Postby Bingo83 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:05 pm

Dont think it would make much difference to it. Seen an episode of Mythbusters recently where they where trying to do damage to electronics and unless the magnets where super strength ones nothing really happened, they couldnt even affect the magnetic strips in a cash card.
Bingo83

Re: Magnet damage?

Postby strider_mt2k on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:48 pm

Don't sweat the magnets unless there is a hard drive or magnetic tape inside.

(it has neither)
strider_mt2k

Return to A320 hardware