Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

linux on x760+

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Re: linux on x760+

Postby cdesign30 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:15 pm

Thanks ezelkow1,

I reformated Ext3 and uncompress the original "rootfs" from Booboo. Now the folders is in correct place. BUT, no deal! Kernel Panic again in Linux and WinXP!

WinXP produce:
Code: Select all

D:\Gemei\Hardware\usbboot1.4b-tools\usbboot1.4b-tools>usb_boot

Welcome!
USB Boot Host Software!
USB Boot Software current version: 1.4b
Handling user command.
USBBoot :> boot 0

Checking state of No.0 device: Unboot
Now booting No.0 device:
Download stage one program and execute at 0x80002000: Pass
Download stage two program and execute at 0x80c00000: Pass
Boot success!
Now configure No.0 device:
Now checking whether all configure args valid:
Current device information: CPU is Jz4740
Crystal work at 12MHz, the CCLK up to 336MHz and PMH_CLK up to 112MHz
Total SDRAM size is 16 MB, work in 4 bank and 32 bit mode
Nand page size 4096, ECC offset 28, bad block ID 127, use 2 plane mode
Configure success!
USBBoot :> load 0x80600000 zImage 0

Total size to send in byte is :1220608
Loading data to SDRAM :
############################################################
########################################
USBBoot :> go 0x80600000 0

Executing No.0 device at address 80600000 !
ERROR: DeviceIoControl returns 1f.
USBBoot :>

Back to zero!
cdesign30

Postby booboo on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:43 pm

I insist: don't lose your time trying to boot the A320 kernel on a x760+. The kernel is highly customized for the hardware and chances of it being EXACTLY equal are next to none. At least with a serial console you could have a hint about what's failing...

Anyway, as I said, I'm willing to work on the x760+ port as soon as I have hardware to test it, and given that both consoles are not expensive and people is making generous donations, it won't be long before I can order one. If you want to support an x760+ port, you can help by donating a few bucks here: http://dingoo-linux.blogspot.com.
booboo

Postby cdesign30 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:21 am

booboo wrote:I insist: don't lose your time trying to boot the A320 kernel on a x760+. The kernel is highly customized for the hardware and chances of it being EXACTLY equal are next to none. At least with a serial console you could have a hint about what's failing...

OK, Booboo. I don't try more.

booboo wrote:Anyway, as I said, I'm willing to work on the x760+ port as soon as I have hardware to test it, and given that both consoles are not expensive and people is making generous donations, it won't be long before I can order one. If you want to support an x760+ port, you can help by donating a few bucks here: http://dingoo-linux.blogspot.com.

I will make a donation in next days. I have to wait the pay day... I take part of a community of X760 + users in Orkut (Brazil). I ask to them to make a donation too. Thank you.
cdesign30

Postby snezzle on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:54 pm

booboo wrote:I insist: don't lose your time trying to boot the A320 kernel on a x760+. The kernel is highly customized for the hardware and chances of it being EXACTLY equal are next to none. At least with a serial console you could have a hint about what's failing...

Anyway, as I said, I'm willing to work on the x760+ port as soon as I have hardware to test it, and given that both consoles are not expensive and people is making generous donations, it won't be long before I can order one. If you want to support an x760+ port, you can help by donating a few bucks here: http://dingoo-linux.blogspot.com.

I will also make a donation for you soon, moneys tight atm with the ressesion, most of my money goes on rent,the electricity bill and the pub.
a320 and x760+ download database, fast downloads

http://x760.uuuq.com/uploader/
snezzle

Postby cdesign30 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:37 pm

Booboo,

I publish a long message on brazilian Orkut Gemei community about the Linux on X760+ development, and many people were interested in making a donation to you in next days in your blog. All of us thanked all your efforts Booboo, about the excellent work done. Thank you!

Doug
cdesign30

Previous

Return to Homebrew