Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Linux on Dingoo for ppl like me

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Linux on Dingoo for ppl like me

Postby maxif875 on Sun May 31, 2009 9:31 pm

Hi, i've read recently that linux has been already arrived to dingoo, and i ask to myself, it's ready to be installed by persons like me (not null but not an expert), if so, is there any guide?, any emu port postinstalling (i see a thread of ScummVM, the MORE expected for me), so it's really exciting the idea of install it

Thanks!
maxif875

Re: Linux on Dingoo for ppl like me

Postby martinax85 on Sun May 31, 2009 9:41 pm

I dont think its ready for the "common user" yet :cry: !
martinax85

Postby welshmouse on Sun May 31, 2009 10:24 pm

maxif875 wrote:Hi, i've read recently that linux has been already arrived to dingoo, and i ask to myself, it's ready to be installed by persons like me (not null but not an expert), if so, is there any guide?, any emu port postinstalling (i see a thread of ScummVM, the MORE expected for me), so it's really exciting the idea of install it

Thanks!

no, i asked a similar question recently. its not a final version and is only really available to advanced users, for the prpose of testing apps and ports.
welshmouse

Postby maxif875 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Ok, so any hint on when it will be released? (can't wait), another offtopic question, will i need a memory card in order to boot linux?

Thanks
maxif875

Postby ainu on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:45 pm

maxif875 wrote: will i need a memory card in order to boot linux?

Thanks

Yes
Dingoo Linux user & programmer from Russia
Sorry for my poor English
ainu

Postby booboo on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:32 pm

maxif875 wrote:Ok, so any hint on when it will be released? (can't wait),

So far linux is usable for specific tasks like playing a certain game or emulator, but is not yet (nor will be soon) a replacement for the original firmware (doesn't support TV out, FM, etc).

The biggest roadblock for non expert users right now is that it requires a PC to boot linux. I'm working on a dual boot solution that will not require a PC, but it's proving to be quite complex plus I'm simultaneously working in imprimving the sound hardware support and provide support for the ILI9331 LCD controller found in newer A320s.

another offtopic question, will i need a memory card in order to boot linux?

YES, and that won't change until linux is a valid replacement for the original firmware.
booboo

Postby ionmyke on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:14 am

Thanks for the updates booboo, you are the man! :D
ionmyke

Postby maxif875 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Ok 100% understood, thanks, specially booboo for the great work
maxif875

Return to Homebrew