Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Linux code posted

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Linux code posted

Postby ezelkow1 on Mon May 25, 2009 7:55 pm

The current version going is based on 2.6.24.3, the patches I uploaded let you patch either 2.26.24.3 or the base 2.6.24

That is if you can download them, rapidshare has a 10 download limit and i know some of my uploads already hit the limit.
ezelkow1

Postby eule on Mon May 25, 2009 8:17 pm

You can register a free collector account. Then your files will not be deleted and if enough people download them, you´ll get a free premium account.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby mewtwo on Mon May 25, 2009 8:24 pm

or you could just use sourceforge or google code
mewtwo

Postby joyrider on Mon May 25, 2009 11:39 pm

Just tested it (the files posted on google code) out, it's death easy to get it running (at least if you have a linux box although on windows it should be possible also) had no problems what so ever, would be cool once we have a working bootloader so we don't have to attach the dingoo to the pc. Am looking through some source codes now on happy pengiun to see if i can quickly port something (do note i have little experience porting stuff). But i don't give up easily and like messing around with things like this :) I'll have to compile a few other libs though like libsdl_mixer and would have to see how that goes before i can even begin porting. Luckily i have some vague remembrances of the gp2x days (gp2x ran on linux) so it should come back eventually :)
joyrider

Postby ezelkow1 on Tue May 26, 2009 4:29 am

If you need sdl_mixer I can add that to the list, i know that was in there as part of the sdl package when i was doing my original builds, i just chose not to try it out yet. I will give it a shot when i get back into it.

i would like to use the google code page but i was waiting for booboo to look over the stuff i posted so far and give me access

------

just realize another poster put all my stuff up for download
http://dingooa320.ru/downloads/ezelkow1/
ezelkow1

Postby mewtwo on Tue May 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Did you release the patches for the 2.6.24 kernel somewhere?
Did you have to solve this issue or has it been fixed by ingenic so far?
mewtwo

Postby ezelkow1 on Tue May 26, 2009 8:35 pm

Over in the linux development thread I had links to 2 patches, one was for 2.6.24.3 and the other was off of 2.6.24. Hopefully those havent been downloaded too much yet since all the ones I posted had a 10 download limit. Ill have to repost alot of this stuff elsewhere, but you should be able to get the 2.6.24 patch there.

Im not completely sure what that issue is, the stuff I have been making was just a kernel build based off of the original ingenic patch, plus booboo's changes all rolled into one so people could use that single patch to create their own linux dev setup along with the uclibc toolchain. I have built using the patches I posted and the created kernel boots up fine but then again i havent really tested any apps on it so I dont know if there are any slowdowns or crashes there.
ezelkow1

Previous

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks