Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Is Linux really going to solve all the problems?

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Is Linux really going to solve all the problems?

Postby seasideron on Sun May 31, 2009 9:08 pm

Is Linux going to solve all the compatiblity/speed problems with the genesis/snes/gba rpgs/ect roms?
Is Linux going to fix the problem with the Y/B?
seasideron

Re: Is Linux really going to solve all the problems?

Postby martinax85 on Sun May 31, 2009 9:26 pm

Noone knows for sure how it's going to end, but one can hope :roll: ... Just wait and see, some day... perhaps!!!
martinax85

Postby welshmouse on Sun May 31, 2009 10:30 pm

seasideron wrote:Is Linux going to solve all the compatiblity/speed problems with the genesis/snes/gba rpgs/ect roms?
Is Linux going to fix the problem with the Y/B?

linux isnt going to instantly fix all the dingoos problems. but it will give the option of porting better software. so if the work is done to port an improved emulator then it will likely not have the problems present in the native one its replacing. as long as support for the dingoo keeps up, it will probably end up with a set of near perfect emulators.
welshmouse

Postby Mikey 134 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:14 am

meh IMHO even if Linux doesn't accomplish all that its purported too; dingoo is still pretty amazing price, when factoring in its price;
I know of nothing that can match its CPU power of a dingoo at only an $83 dollars brand new
Mikey 134

Postby welshmouse on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:46 am

Mikey 134 wrote:meh IMHO even if Linux doesn't accomplish all that its purported too; dingoo is still pretty amazing price, when factoring in its price;
I know of nothing that can match its CPU power of a dingoo at only an $83 dollars brand new

agreed. even if the snes and mega drive emulators were completely missing it would have been a great deal. minor flaws i can live with.
welshmouse

Postby iliyan on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:05 am

welshmouse wrote:
Mikey 134 wrote:meh IMHO even if Linux doesn't accomplish all that its purported too; dingoo is still pretty amazing price, when factoring in its price;

agreed. even if the snes and mega drive emulators were completely missing it would have been a great deal. minor flaws i can live with.

I also agree that Dingoo is a great device even if there weren't updates etc.
But Linux will bring a whole new level of experience! :D
iliyan

Postby SONY on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:17 am

I cbf Googling...but how much RAM will it take to have a dual OS boot? 8-)
SONY

Postby welshmouse on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:01 am

SONY wrote:I cbf Googling...but how much RAM will it take to have a dual OS boot? 8-)

it depends on the final product, since theres still no released linux kernal its impossible to say. but it will be optimised to run under te 64mb that the dingoo has (hopefully)
welshmouse

Postby Dan on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:43 am

welshmouse wrote:
SONY wrote:I cbf Googling...but how much RAM will it take to have a dual OS boot? 8-)

it depends on the final product, since theres still no released linux kernal its impossible to say. but it will be optimised to run under te 64mb that the dingoo has (hopefully)

Isn't it 32MB?
Dan

Postby ezelkow1 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:47 am

dual booting does not mean both os's run side by side, so you wont need memory for both, dual booting just means you have an option to choose one os or the other when starting up
ezelkow1

Next

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks