Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Installing custom firmwares on ILI9331_x ("new") Dingoos

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Installing custom firmwares on ILI9331_x ("new") Dingoos

Postby PinkVolt on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:27 pm

I find it weird noone tried this before... or noone said it yet. But you can use custom firmwares on your new Dingoo.

Basically all you have to do is replace the default .dl file with the new LCD one.

How do you do that, I hear you asking?

Well first of all get the custom firmware (CF, from now on). http://dingoo-digital.com/downloads/fir ... 20-103td-3 for example.

Extract the zip file's contents somewhere. Desktop, for example. You'll see a folder called "a320-1.03TD-3", with two folders and five files, right? Good.

Okay stop right here. Just so you don't brick your white (or not) and shiny Dingoo, we'll delete the file "A320_PD27_ILI9325_RLS.dl". It's the old LCD file we don't need.

Now we need our .dl file, which luckily is in the new unbricker tool. http://dingoo-digital.com/downloads/app ... icker-tool Get it here. Extract the zip file and in the "Recovery Tool(New Version)" locate a file named "CCPMP_CFG_A320_LCM_FAIR_ILI9331_320_240.DL". Copy it and move to the other folder, the one with the firmware and all.

Now before you flash please make note you have (done) the following:
- Your Dingoo is new and has the LCM_FAIR_ILI9331_320_240 line in the hidden menu (in about, press up right down up right down and you'll see a white screen with letters, it's there). If not, DO NOT PROCEED.
- You have backed up your files AND removed your miniSD if any. Flashing the firmware basically formats the Dingoo.
- You don't hold me responsible if something goes wrong :)

Okay now, once you have all that, we'll proceed.

Connect the USB cable to your Dingoo but NOT to your computer. Now hold B and plug it to your computer. Nothing will be shown onscreen (on the Dingoo) and Windows will recognize a device.
Windows will not install your device automatically, but don't worry! Point Windows to look for the drivers in the "usb_drv" folder inside the firmware upgrade folder. That should do it.

Now run the "flashutil" program.

There's a big button called "Install Driver". Click it. You might need to reinstall the driver. Don't unplug the Dingoo until I say so. A window will pop up saying Installed! or something of the sort. If it doesn't, the window may be minimized (sometimes happens).

There's System DL Config, a rectangular box and Select. Click select and find the .DL file in the firmware folder. It should be the only one, but just in case make sure it has "9331" in the filename. Select it and click OK.
There's a similar box beneath the DL Config one called Firmware file. Press select and find the .hxf file in the firmware folder.

Now you're ready to flash! Click on the big "Burning System" button (don't worry, it won't set it ablaze :) and wait. Three lines of gibberish will appear on the program, and after a short while it will say "Flashing Firmware" on the Dingoo.
Wait until a fourth line of text appears on the PC. Now you can close the program and unplug the Dingoo. Your Dingoo will reboot...

...but it will show a static screen, unable to do anything else. Don't worry, you haven't bricked it! It just needs its files.

Plug the Dingoo again to the PC, this time WITHOUT HOLDING DOWN B. Reset the Dingoo inserting anything that fits there. Usually a clip. Nope, pens don't fit. Your Dingoo will show up in My Computer as a removable drive. Double-click on it.

Now go back to the firmware folder. Copy the CONTENTS of the "root files" folder to the removable drive and overwrite what's needed. Once you have done that, reset your Dingoo again with a clip and you're done!

Your firmware is now A320-1.03TD-3. You can now install custom themes and the like.

If you thought that with a custom firmware you could run pirated games, too bad! You already could do that. :)

Proof it works: http://i40.tinypic.com/x6ea92.jpg (yup I took the liberties to translate it a bit to Spanish :)
http://i39.tinypic.com/wqopdt.jpg

Well and if it's old news, at least I explained it in an easy way :) Thanks to www.dingoo-digital.com and Mediafire for hosting the files.
PinkVolt

Re: Installing custom firmwares on ILI9331_x ("new") Dingoos

Postby Bob on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi!

I've been following your tutorial to upgrade the Dingoo to custom firmware, but I've hit a snag.

I made it to this part:

::: Now before you flash please make note you have (done) the following:
- Your Dingoo is new and has the LCM_FAIR_ILI9331_320_240 line in the hidden menu (in about, press up right down up right down and you'll see a white screen with letters, it's there). If not, DO NOT PROCEED. :::

And realized that my dingoo says THIS in the hidden menu:

LCM_MOUDLE_ILI9325

I just got the Dingoo a few days ago, so I thought it was pretty new. Since this doesn't match what you said in the tutorial, is there any way to upgrade the firmware still?
Bob

Postby trash on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:46 am

And realized that my dingoo says THIS in the hidden menu:

LCM_MOUDLE_ILI9325

You have an older model with the old LCD driver. Of course you can upgrade the firmware/use a custom one. All you have to do is to use the .dl already coming with the custom firmware since it is for the older models like your one.
This tutorial is just for the case that you wanna use the custom firmware with a new dingoo, else just use the tutorial that comes with the custom firmware.
trash

Postby Gant on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:21 am

i just did this and when i got done installing everything and i went to click on removable device to install stuff into the root folder it wont let me till i format the drive..when i format drive it says unable to format and i cant enter the device WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gant

Postby PinkVolt on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:53 am

You have a messed up partition. I didn't encounter that problem with mine, so I can't help you, sorry. However though I remember seeing a thread in this forum about that problem.
PinkVolt

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks