Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

HXF-Tool beta

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: HXF-Tool beta

Postby so9 on Sat May 09, 2009 9:49 pm

jp1 wrote:It still isn't working. Maybe it is just the firmware I am using. Did you try the one from the link I posted? Or perhaps I am doing something wrong. When it says "X number of bits left" after I change text strings am I meant to fill it back up to 0? I can flash the firmware but once it reboots I cannot access the root of dingoo anymore.

BTW: Thanks for all the work you did on this. It is a great tool. I understand of course if you don't have time to keep fooling with this thing. I am certainly still grateful for what you have already done.

i tried your firmware and it worked fine even with the td patch applied.
there's no need to fill the bytes left up to zero. it's only some kind of marker how much space is left for modifications.
please download the attached hxftool (http://www.filehoster.ru/files/cr9847) and your firmware once more and try again (just in case).
the attached file is a debug version of hxftool so please ignore the language-dropdowns in the kernelpatches section.

bye

so9
so9

Postby pinata on Thu May 14, 2009 9:28 pm

Hey, I used your tool and at first I had the same problems as the other person did. It wouldn't get past the boot screen. The reason I had this problem was that I was trying to upgrade the firmware using the Dingoo's built in function. When I used the flash program in Windows, it upgraded perfectly. It was nice getting rid of all the engrish.
pinata

Postby so9 on Sun May 17, 2009 6:36 pm

pinata wrote:Hey, I used your tool and at first I had the same problems as the other person did. It wouldn't get past the boot screen. The reason I had this problem was that I was trying to upgrade the firmware using the Dingoo's built in function. When I used the flash program in Windows, it upgraded perfectly. It was nice getting rid of all the engrish.

after the first update with the flashtool all following updates should work with the builtin function. it only fails if you switch between a td-patched version and a non-td-patched version. then you've to use the flashtool again.

bye

so9
so9

Postby so9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:41 am

version 0.6 of the hxftool is now available. checkout the initial post of this thread for more info.

so9
so9

Postby Haas on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:13 am

What does this mean?:
hxf-header is now recalculated completely to allow easier updates.

And I changed blight time to : Backlight Auto-Off but after I switch language it is blight time again, I pressed the change value.
I got that langauge file from you previous post and I posted it to some site:
http://etherpad.com/YTIK4obm49
Here we can all edit it and make a good one.
Haas

Postby gunther_sucks on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Is it strange that I cannot find my .hxf file on my dingoo? I have looked everywhere and cannot find it.
gunther_sucks

Postby so9 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:05 pm

Haas wrote:What does this mean?:
hxf-header is now recalculated completely to allow easier updates.

hxf-files are some kind of zipfiles (without the compression). there's a file-header followed by the filedata. the header includes a checksum and a timestamp.

it looks like this
Code: Select all
type Thxfheader = packed record
  id       : array[0..3] of char;    //constant
  version  : array[0..3] of char; //constant
  timestamp: array[0..11] of char;  //simple timestamp in ASCII-Style
  size     : unsigned32; //Filesize
  crc      : unsigned32;  //selfmade checksum (NO CRC32)
  a1       : unsigned32;  //Version?
  id1      : array[0..31] of char; //Copyright
end;

crc is (sometimes?) ignored during the updateprocess but to allow an easy upgrade by just copying the hxf to you dingoo the timestamp needs to be different from the installed firmware. In the v0.6 all these values are recalculated. the hxf-packer i know write a constant (not recalculated) header, so an easy update not always works.

by the way this is the other struct you need to know to handle hxf-files
Code: Select all
type Thxfrecord = record
  id       : unsigned32;    //Unique ID
  filename : longstring;    //relative Filename in HXF-Package (including subdirs)
  offset   : unsigned32;    //Offset in HXF-Package
  size     : unsigned32;    //Size of Buffer
  buffer   : array of byte; //Filedata
end;

And I changed blight time to : Backlight Auto-Off but after I switch language it is blight time again, I pressed the change value.

I'll check this...

hope this answers you questions.

Bye

So9
so9

Postby so9 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:11 pm

gunther_sucks wrote:Is it strange that I cannot find my .hxf file on my dingoo? I have looked everywhere and cannot find it.

hi,

there's no need for an hxf-file on your dingoo. it's only used for firmware upgrades and can be deleted after a successful update. to upgrade your dingoo just copy the firmware (named a320.hxf) to the root of the dingoo. disconnect it from your pc and switch it off. now press and hold "down" and switch on your dingoo again.
voila => firmware upgrade.

you can get all kinds of updates from http://dingoo-digital.com/ or build your own with the hxf-tool

bye

So9
so9

Previous

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks