Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

How to change character encoding on Dingoo to CP1250

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

How to change character encoding on Dingoo to CP1250

Postby tihomir on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:25 am

What do I have to do to enable Slavic characters on Dingoo? I would like to use the same font as it is on native OS and official firmware but with šđčćž ŠĐČĆŽ characters?

When I install custom firmware from Team Dingoo I can find some CP1250.bmf files in font folder but I don't know how to make it default.

Any help?
tihomir

Re: How to change character encoding on Dingoo to CP1250

Postby so9 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi tihomir (nice avatar : cpt. flashheart?)

changing the encoding is not that easy and i tried many different things. maybe you can change an already used characterset to fit your needs. all font files are listed in the ccpmp-file (unpacked hxf). look at 0x02396c0 and change a filename to your font file. maybe this works.

good luck

so9
so9

Postby tihomir on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi so9! It's lord Flashheart to be exact...

Can you please zip all the needed programs and upload it? I've searched all the web for HXF extractor and all the download links were dead...
With what program do I open ccpmp-file and edit it?

So the programs that I need are: HXF 0.4, HXF extractor and ccpmp-file editor of some kind?
Am I correct?

I've seen that you've translated Dingoo native OS to french. Have you managed to get french symbols on Dingoo?
tihomir

Postby eule on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Look here:
http://www.dingoo-digital.com/downloads ... er-04-beta
or
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/din ... 0,0,116,45

However,the comments say it doesn´t work with firmware 1.1... only 1.0 - 1.03 it seems. But it worked for me, since i changed the bootscreens and have had no problems with that.
Wasn´t it you who made that tool, so9? It´s pretty useful, but does it work with 1.1 for you? I´m not in the mood for testing ^^
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby so9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:31 am

eule wrote:Look here:
Wasn´t it you who made that tool, so9? It´s pretty useful, but does it work with 1.1 for you? I´m not in the mood for testing ^^

download hxftool 0.6 (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n2jamzf5vei). it works with all versions i found (including v1.1 and certain hacks). changing character encoding is not implemented (yet).

bye

so9
so9

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks