Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

how the hell do you charge it?

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

how the hell do you charge it?

Postby gibberoids on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:34 pm

im in the uk so the usb>mains adaptor aint gona work for me.
when i plug it into my pc with the usb cable it shows no signs that its actually charging... i left it in for an hour or so and the battery meter didnt go up at all when i unplugged it.

nothing about charging it in the manual either, surprise surprise :P
gibberoids

Re: how the hell do you charge it?

Postby JeKel on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:48 am

I'd be willing to bet that it DOES charge through USB even on UK computers. It only has like 3 bars of battery life indication so it takes a while to make a difference. I think someone said it could take over 3 hours for a full charge (I haven't timed it, but it doesnt charge exceptionally fast). Worse case scenario, you may have to buy a Euro to US wall outlet adaptor to use the charging adaptor, but IU'd be shocked if the USB isn't charging it.
-JeKel
JeKel

Postby Bingo83 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:01 pm

They charge fine from the USB cable and it would only show the Charging icon if you plug it into your computer then click `Safely Remove Hardware' from the system tray. If should then stop read/write mode and switch to charge mode.

I dont even bother with that though and just leave it plugged into the Laptop for a few hours and your good to go again. I have only seen my Dingoo at 3 bars once. Although I still get a full 6 hours use out of it.
Bingo83

Postby Hellsing1 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:13 pm

I use this to charge mine. Show a battery on the display when charging. Takes a couple of hours. This is a dual USB as I use it to charge my Sony Walkman at the same time. Saves having the computer on all the time. You can get single USB one for around £2.80 at other places.

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/7 ... chsource=0
Hellsing1

Return to A320 hardware