Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Greetings from Middle America!

Moderator: Moderators

Greetings from Middle America!

Postby Altermind on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:34 am

Hi,

I'm new to the Dingoo as I am to this forum. Originally, I was looking for a console to do development on and as I was about to plunk down my money on a GBA SP, I found this cool little device! No sooner than 10 minutes after I saw the Dingoo and what it was capable of, I purchased a brand new unit off of Ebay.

For 80 bucks with shipping included, how can someone go wrong?

Coming into here, I would like to know which way is the approved (or best I should say) way for developing games? I see Linux for the Dingoo, but I"m not seeing many home grown apps coming out for the OS created by the company.. is there a reason for this?

Lastly, I personally have no interest in emulators or the piracy of roms. I have more of an interest in development, learning the architecture, and becoming a better programmer.

Thanks a bunch and I'm looking forward to working with you all! ;)

-Altermind
Altermind

Re: Greetings from Middle America!

Postby eule on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:08 am

Hey cool, always nice to see a Dingoo in the hands of a talented dev. :D
The reason why there are more homegrown apps for linux is that there is a toolchain available and all you have to do is a recompile with it (basically ^^). For the native OS (µc-OS 2 btw), there is a SDK available, but it´s not really good i read. But somewhere on this forum is a guide on how to program without this SDK.
What about programming an emulator :lol: just kidding, do what you want ;)
Greets from far far away :D
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Re: Greetings from Middle America!

Postby Altermind on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:56 pm

Hey, just replying back..

My Dingoo came today! I wanted to verify that cn_2009 on ebay is a legit seller.. I got it in about a week!

Now to start diving in! muhahahaha!
Altermind

Return to Introduce yourself