Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Game icon requests thread

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Game icon requests thread

Postby Warpedflash on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:04 pm

Well as i provide the quick start pack thing and it seems to have taken off, the circle style of icon that i used (which came from this packs doom icon http://www.iconarchive.com/category/gam ... humed.html) seems to have now become a standard on the dingoo

If you have a game or port or WAD that you would like an icon for post in here and i will happily knock ones up for people normally they are just qick edits and take 5 mins so if anyone has requests just ask in here

All icons have shadows apart from the emulators... you cant see the shadows on black so woot...
Not all icons here were dont by me but for ease i just uploaded chucks of my dmenu. all credit to original artists etc

GAMES
Image Arkanoid
Image FreeDroid
Image KoboDeluxe
Image REminiscence
Image RotateGearux
Image SDLRoids
Image biniax2
Image blockrage
Image defendguin
Image gnurobbo
Image mrdrillux
Image nickyboum
Image openliero
Image powermanga
Image spout
Image supertransball2
Image tyrian
Image uqm
Image waternet

PC PORTS
Image Spear_of_Destiny
Image doom
Image duke3d
Image heretic
Image hexen
Image rott
Image wolf3d

EMULATORS
Image GP2Xpectrum
Image atari
Image gnuboy
Image mame4all
Image nofrendo
Image picodrive
Image scummvm
Image smsplus
Image snes9x

WADS
Image Doom 2
Image Plutonia
Image Ultimate Doom
Image Shadow of the Serpent Riders
Image H!Zone
Image Chex
Image Chex 2
Image Perdition's Gate
Image HacX Twitch n' Kill
Image Aliens
Image Batman
Image Big Freaking Monster Hunt
Image Blood
Image GoldenEye
Image HalfLife
Image Osiris
Image Strain
Image Mr Smiley
Last edited by Warpedflash on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:28 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Warpedflash

Re: Game icon requests thread

Postby CirothUngol on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Wow, cool! How about an icon for Heretic - Shadow of the Serpent Riders and an icon for Heretic - H!Zone (3rd party level expansion) I'm practically finished with these, and after I figure out how to add them to DMenu 0.3 I'm gonna upload them and post links. It'd be sweet to include some nifty icons.
Also, I plan on fixing up DOOMgoo for a second release, making it compatible with DMenu 0.3 and using some Selector functions (if I can get it to work). Icons for the DOOM Total Conversions would be cool... but that' quite a few of 'em, and I haven't even started on it yet. ^_^
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Postby Warpedflash on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:32 pm

CirothUngol wrote:Wow, cool! How about an icon for Heretic - Shadow of the Serpent Riders and an icon for Heretic - H!Zone (3rd party level expansion) I'm practically finished with these, and after I figure out how to add them to DMenu 0.3 I'm gonna upload them and post links. It'd be sweet to include some nifty icons.
Also, I plan on fixing up DOOMgoo for a second release, making it compatible with DMenu 0.3 and using some Selector functions (if I can get it to work). Icons for the DOOM Total Conversions would be cool... but that' quite a few of 'em, and I haven't even started on it yet. ^_^

Well list the wads and i will happily get making. These things rely dont take long :D i will do teh 2 heretic ones tonight as im out for the rest of today.

done a couple check top.
Warpedflash

Postby CirothUngol on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:19 am

Dude, those look great! Thanks so much for doing them. I've had trouble with the resize/conversion software losing the transparency of my .png files, which makes the icons look rather crappy. What software do you use? (I was using AnyImage)
As for icons for the other DOOM games, please remember... you asked for it! ^_^

Chex Quest
Chex Quest 2
HacX Twitch 'n Kill
Hell To Pay
Perdition's Gate

I actually have the original icons for the Chex Quest games from the CD Roms, I just need to be able to convert them with full transparency. If I can get the proper software, I should be able to do those two myself.

TC - Aliens
TC - Alien vs Pred vs Term
TC - Army of Darkness
TC - Batman
TC - Big Freakin Monster Hunt
TC - Blood Remake
TC - Doom II Xtreme
TC - D3 Mr Smiley Head's Safari
TC - Duum 2 Super
TC - Final Fantasy Doom
TC - A Fistful of Doom
TC - GoldenEye 64
TC - Hexen/Heretic
TC - Insanity
TC - Insanity 2 Partial Hiding
TC - Mortal Kombat Sub-Zero
TC - Osiris
TC - Quake II
TC - Sirens
TC - Spear of Destiny
TC - Star Trek
TC - Star Wars 2.0
TC - Strain
TC - The Talosian Incident
TC - Wolf 3D Original Missions
TC - Wolf 3D 2nd Encounter
TC - Zombies/Dawn of the Dead

Anything that you would care to do from this list of Total Conversions would be fantastic, just pick your favorites or the ones that you would actually play... so it'll look good on your Dingoo's Dingux.

PC - Cringe
PC - Disney & Friends
PC - Doom64
PC - Dragon Ball Z
PC - Fallout
PC - Half Life
PC - LEGO
PC - Looney Tunes
PC - Nintendo
PC - The Tick
PC - Ultimate Simpsons
PC - Phoenix Weapons 2050

These Partial Conversions will hopefully be set up with a Selector option so we can play whichever WAD we want with these cool graphics. Again, I honestly don't expect you to whip out 50 or 60 icons just because I've asked you to. If you care to tackle any of these, please pick the ones that you like or will play with. If I find some proper software, I'll try filling in any gaps you leave myself... after I clean up DOOMgoo and figure out the specifics of the new DMenu 0.3 release. If you only do a few of these, I'll be eternally grateful.
And Thanx again for the groovy Heretic Icons. Appreciate!
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Postby Warpedflash on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:06 am

LOL Huge list... i will work on them over the next couple of days... i make teh icons in fireworks 8 and just google for any images i need. they rely only ttake 5 mins each lol
done a couple more
and a few more
Warpedflash

Postby adamantibus on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:50 am

What about a Wolfenstein and Mr Drillux ones? Thanks.
adamantibus

Postby CirothUngol on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:55 pm

Thanx a million, WF! Those icons are smooth. I looked into the FireWorks App and I must say, I was looking for something cheap or free (that sucker's huge and expensive) Do you know of any other software that might do the job? If not, I'm sure I can lay my hands on the real deal. ^_^
Again, can't thank you enough for all of your effort. Appreciate!
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Postby Warpedflash on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:49 pm

CirothUngol wrote:Thanx a million, WF! Those icons are smooth. I looked into the FireWorks App and I must say, I was looking for something cheap or free (that sucker's huge and expensive) Do you know of any other software that might do the job? If not, I'm sure I can lay my hands on the real deal. ^_^
Again, can't thank you enough for all of your effort. Appreciate!

no problem i will do icons for stuff if i can find decent pic for them online the ones i havent done i havent found decent pics for :D

i just use firework because i have it.. also the icons take about 2-5 mins each in it lol.
go here btw...
http://warpedflash.com/esher
Username: ESHER
password: partyvan
Warpedflash

Postby Sith on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:56 am

Wow it's a very nice job Warpedflash !
Sith

Postby Warpedflash on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Sith wrote:Wow it's a very nice job Warpedflash !

Warpedflash

Next

Return to Homebrew