Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Format error????

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Format error????

Postby Tubbs McGee on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:51 pm

OK, long time reader, first time Dingoo owner (I've had one for two days now). I've been playing with it non stop. Untill I desided to update the firmware. I did everything the instructions on dingoo-digital.com told me, I even made sure I had the right LCD .dl for fear of the wsod. Everything was going great, I copied everything off and updated to 'Custom Firmware a320-1.03TD-3'. I disconnected the a320 and then re-connected it to the computer to put the root files back on.

But when I connected it it asked me to format it. I told it not to, and tried to copy the files back on. it wouldn't let me untill I formatted it. so I did... And it gave me this... 'Windows was unable to complete the format.' at the end. It won't let me do anything untill I format it, but no matter how many times I try to format it it still tells me the same thing 'Windows was unable to complete the format'.

And cos I can't put things on it I can't turn it on withoput it just sitting there with a the blue paw print of the Dingoo logo... I've tried to use the unbricker tool but its still stuck and asking me to format it.

Can anyone think of anything that can help me? Or should I just swallow my stupidity and try to get a replacement form where I got it and pray they don't ask questions?
Tubbs McGee

Re: Format error????

Postby ChalkTrauma on Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:22 am

You might want to try holding down the B button when you plug it into the usb on the computer and then using the flashutil to update the firmware.

I had some hiccups when I updated mine, and that did the trick..

good luck..
'It is not over unknown seas but back over well-known years that your quest must go; back to the bright strange things of infancy and the quick sun-drenched glimpses of magic that old scenes brought to wide young eyes.'
ChalkTrauma

Re: Format error????

Postby Tubbs McGee on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:37 am

OK, all that worrying for nothing... My comupter runs Vista, so I then tried using the unbricking tool on a xp computer and guess what? It works! I'm running the new Custom Firmware a320-1.03TD-3 and its not asking me to format the drive anymore!!!! I so want to swear at my Computer and Vista right now!!!!!!!!! and to think, since getting Vista my computer has been fine, none of the problems everyone on the web complains about... Oh well... guess I'm gonna have to use xp when ever I need to do stuff with my a320.
Tubbs McGee

Return to A320 hardware