Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

First Person Shooters?

All A320 emulation related topics

Moderator: Moderators

First Person Shooters?

Postby Yongary on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Are there any FPS that work on the Dingoo? I don't have high hopes for any on the SNES (most of which were pretty terrible anyway), but there were some decent ones on the Genesis and the GBA. Do any of them work at a decent speed/limited graphical issues?

For reference, I'll give a list of all the FPS games I know of for consoles the Dingoo can emulate:
GBA
Doom
Doom II
007: Nightfire
Back Track
Wolfenstein 3D
Dark Arena
Ecks vs Server
Ice Nine
Serious Sam
(forgot the subtitle)
Duke Nukem Advance
(On the emulator on my PSP, Doom II, Ice Nine, and Duke Nukem Advance were unplayably slow and jerky, but the rest ran okay.

SNES
Wolfenstein 3D
Doom

(These were both terrible; I'm including them for reference only)

Sega Genesis
Blood Shot
Zero Tolerance
Duke Nukem 3D
(Yes, there's a port of Duke Nukem 3D for the Genesis. Those wacky Brazillians)

Gameboy
Faceball 2000 :D

Also, how hard would it be to natively port Doom to the Dingoo? I know you can run it on other MP4 players with Rockbox, so it shouldn't be that hard to get it on this device.
Yongary

Re: First Person Shooters?

Postby Chip on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:40 pm

The A320 should have no problem running pre-quake FPS games like Doom 1 & 2, Rise of the Triad and Duke Nukem 3D. Those games will obviously need to be ported, but they are all open source and have been ported to various platforms, so they are all possible.
Everything you need to know about the Dingoo A320 - A320 Wiki
Everything you need to know about the Pandora - Pandora FAQ
Chip

Postby Hellsing1 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:41 pm

GBA has problems with all the 3d games. Virtually unplayable due to bad framerates.

SNES - Doom doesn't work. Wolf plays fine.

Megadrive - All 3 games are playable but have some graphic issues - scan lines when turning.
Hellsing1

Postby Yongary on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Hellsing1 wrote:GBA has problems with all the 3d games. Virtually unplayable due to bad framerates.

That's too bad. Ecks vs Server and the GBA port of Doom ran really well on my PSP's emulator (Doom actually ran fast on the emulator--I had to turn off the default frameskip to get it to run at a reasonable speed)

Hellsing1 wrote:Megadrive - All 3 games are playable but have some graphic issues - scan lines when turning.

The scan-lines go away when you're using the TV-out, right?
Yongary

Postby Hellsing1 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:10 am

Ok, had only checked Doom and Need for Speed. The good news is that the following games are playable.

Wolfenstein 3D - Perfect
Dark Arena - Fast enough
Serious Sam Advance - fast enough
Ecks vs Sever - Perfect
Ecks vs Sever II - Pretty perfect.

Haven't seen the originals in action but they all seem fast enough.
Hellsing1

Return to Emulation