Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Firmware Recovery in Linux?

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Firmware Recovery in Linux?

Postby Rhunt on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:34 am

Basically, my dingoo likes going to the "Chinachip - unauthorised" blue screen sometimes after a crash. I can fix this with the firmware recovery normally. But I installed dingux and now I can't persuade windows to revert to the chinachip usb driver to use the recovery tool.

I would far rather be able to do the recovery in linux anyway, is this possible?

btw is the blue unauthorised screen normal? I first got it up about an hour after getting the dingoo when xrick crashed, and I've had it a couple of times since. At the moment I can use dingux, but there's no way to turn the console off, because I can't get into the default dingoo system.
Rhunt

Re: Firmware Recovery in Linux?

Postby eule on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:50 am

Hmm, doesn´t sound good. I think you can´t run the firmware recovery tool in linux. But to delete the chinachip driver simply delete it from the device manager (don´t know exact english name, right click my computer, properties/options, hardware, device manager).
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Rhunt on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Well, windows magically allowed me to install the chinachip driver today, but unfortunately I think the dingoo really done for.

I ran the flashing tool, and it popped up a new unauthorised message on a red background.

Have to say, I'm pretty pissed off about this. The unauthorised screen first came up an hour after I first used the thing, and doing firmware recovery has only extended the life by about three days...
Rhunt

Postby Rhunt on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:15 pm

You're probably bored of hearing from me now, but I managed to get past the blue screen without restoring firmware (at least I think I didn't) through a random combination of plugging in and unplugging usb cables and resetting the dingoo.

Next time the blue screen comes (I'm sure it will :( ) I'll try and work out the exact combination I need.
Rhunt

Return to A320 hardware