Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Final fantasy on SNES?

All A320 emulation related topics

Moderator: Moderators

Final fantasy on SNES?

Postby nizeight on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:10 pm

hey there,
I am thinking about getting a dingoo for myself but I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how the Final Fantasy games run on the snes?
nizeight

Re: Final fantasy on SNES?

Postby bentodd2000 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:55 pm

I am not sure as i have not recieved my dingoo yet. But the NES emulation is perfect and that has the first 3 games. Then the GBA emulation is also perfect and final fantasy 4, 5, and 6 have all been ported to gba. So worst case scenario you will be able to play the first 6 FF games perfect on dingoo.
bentodd2000

Postby Bingo83 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:36 pm

nizeight wrote:hey there,
I am thinking about getting a dingoo for myself but I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how the Final Fantasy games run on the snes?
l

Just tested them all for you. Good news they all work. The sound wasnt emulated great on any of them though.

I tried it with and without Overclock as well.

Without Overclock you needed around 3-4 frameskip for it to look like it was running 100%
Wit Overlclock it looked 100% at Frameskip 1.

With or without Overclock they are certainly playable. I didnt see any probs except for the sound.
Bingo83

Postby AzureKevin on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Sound is relatively important as far as music goes. I really loved the music in Final Fantasy V, and even moreso in VI. There are GBA ports of those games, yes, but unfortunately the music is not as good on the GBA versions. I think it has something to do with audio limitations on the GBA.
AzureKevin

Postby nizeight on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:41 am

ok cool thanks for testing them out
and what is this overclock thing?
and does the dingoo have a framskip feature built into it?
nizeight

Postby Marie on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:09 am

Why you guys all LIE?

First, the overclock thing do NOTHING on GBA games (sadly)
And about SNES, I am sure that with FF do nothing as well

Anyway, about playing Final Fantasys on GBA and SNES emulators, with and without overclock, it just so shitty

FF4 (GBA) emulates decent, but sometimes have bad time with it and the game and sound runs choppy
FF5 (GBA) same, so choppy everywhere except at the world map. But well, that doesnt suit it, it just very unplayable as it lags like hell. And sound when you enter battles cut out a lot
FF6 (GBA) even more unplayable than 4 and 5, really choppy everywhere and music sound normal but when enter battles same as 5, sucky

If GBA is what this Dingoo emulates "best", then I suppose that SNES FF's roms just even more sucky than GBA ones, so ...

Anyway I am very dissapointed that really no GBA JRPGs runs well. Golden Sun I tried, and... well... the two games are very slow on gameplay, and sound, too. And FF I just told you what happen when you try to play them on the A320

So... if you want to play FF4-6 on Dingoo, you have bad time. Believe me

I just dont know if its due bad hardware, or the software itself is just very outdated and not good at all. If only they could update SNES and GBA emulation... it would be a bless. But that will happen?
Marie

Postby Bingo83 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:02 pm

Marie wrote:Why you guys all LIE?

First, the overclock thing do NOTHING on GBA games (sadly)
And about SNES, I am sure that with FF do nothing as well

He asked about SNES roms and I tested them all as above. So we are not LIEing. We have no need to LIE and have given our honest opinion.

Overclock and Framskip settings do work unless you have a faulty Dingoo or have not started the overclock app correctly.

The effects differ from Rom to Rom but try playing Gunstar Heroes GBA with and without overclock and you will see the difference it can make.
Bingo83

Postby heiligerhubertus on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:22 pm

btw, how do i start the overclocking app correctly??
thanks
heiligerhubertus

Return to Emulation