Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Emulation Opinions

All A320 emulation related topics

Moderator: Moderators

Emulation Opinions

Postby Saikoro on Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Im 99.9% certain I will order a Dingoo within the next month for my Birthday. However there is one question that begs to be asked:

How does the Dingoo's Emulation Quality stack up to the PSP's already brilliant CPS1/CPS2/Neo-Geo Emulation along with Consoles like SNES, Genesis and NES?? As cool as the Dingoo really is (And I certainly think so), the PSP's screen is larger while offering the exact same forms Emulation. It seems to me that the guys behind the Dingoo's Dev Scene optimized code from those said emulators and shoehorned all of those into the Dingoo's cute little package.

Think about that for a second....

For both the PSP and Dingoo, you have A: Custom Firmwares and B: Have to run CPS1/2/MVS games through a converter to get them running. Oddly familiar, no??

Im not here to start a heated debate, but I would like to hear your guys thoughts as to how the two comapre. And I know that the PSP has been around longer (Obviously) as Emulation quality is better.... but I really gotta know how the Dingoo performs. Videos do alot to answer this question, but words are better and I HAVE to know.

-Saikoro
Saikoro

Re: Emulation Opinions

Postby jurassicjim on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:48 pm

Mine is on its way, so cannot comment personally. But in my opinion, they are different consoles, and if you feel that the PSP is good enough for you, then you may want to send your money on something else. What I believe is that the emulation is comparable to the PSP.

For me, the beauty of the dingoo is its small form factor, low weight, decent battery and cheap price. It is something you can chuck in a bag when travelling and not worry about, unlike the PSP.

There are loads of opinions in this forum on the quality of the emulation, so have a look there for some answers. Such as the dpad quality etc. I don't think you would be dissapointed with it, but if you think it will out perform the PSP, then I probably wouldnt buy it. But if your looking for a companion that you can use when out and about, then go for it!

j
jurassicjim

Postby Saikoro on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:03 am

Hmmmm....

The mention of practicality (Being small to toss into a handbag) cemented myanswer: Defintiely. Its now a matter of about 30 days before I get my hands on one. Thanks for your input!!

-Saikoro
Saikoro

Postby JeKel on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:54 am

Jurassicjim, Great answer sir! You should be getting yours here anyday now huh? Oh, the fun you will have. I completely agree, the Dingoo's size, price, and sheer feature count are it's strong points. There may be better PMP's out there in other ways, and it's all in where you place the weight of your decision. Personally, I don't regret my purchase in the least. I love my little guy!
-JeKel
JeKel

Postby jurassicjim on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:32 am

I just says it as I sees it!

YEp, mine should be here end of this week if I'm VERY lucky, but prob beginning of the next. I'm dying waiting for this!

j
jurassicjim

Postby Bingo83 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:22 pm

Most PMP are primarly aimed at the multimedia market, the Dingoo is different as they seem to have come at it from the gaming machine 1st and foremost. The controls are in the right placed and laid out correctly more most gaming needs so thats a huge plus.
Bingo83

Return to Emulation