Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

E Book reader?

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

E Book reader?

Postby jrs1982 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:51 am

Hey guys, tried using this but it didnt work. I downloaded a couple of Ebooks which were both in PDF format and put them in the reader folder or whatever it is called. I then tried to read them and could not even find them. Does this not support pdf format? Any help would be appreciated.
jrs1982

Re: E Book reader?

Postby ThaCoBRA on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:15 am

(.txt) only...
ImageImage
ThaCoBRA

Postby snezzle on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:10 pm

yeah i think its both stupid and retarded that they always call it and e-book reader when it only reads txt files... e-book reader to me means it reads pdf.
a320 and x760+ download database, fast downloads

http://x760.uuuq.com/uploader/
snezzle

Postby Harkins on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:29 pm

TXT beats nothing, though. Hit [url]gamefaqs.com[/url] and you can load up on guides to all your classic games.
Harkins

Postby jrs1982 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Harkins wrote:TXT beats nothing, though. Hit [url]gamefaqs.com[/url] and you can load up on guides to all your classic games.

Yeah I didnt even think of that, I keep going back to that site for refrence on certain games. This helps, thanks.
jrs1982

Postby jrs1982 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:56 pm

Harkins wrote:TXT beats nothing, though. Hit [url]gamefaqs.com[/url] and you can load up on guides to all your classic games.

Yeah I didnt even think of that, I keep going back to that site for refrence on certain games. This helps, thanks.
jrs1982

Postby dollarhorror on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:22 pm

1, can you change the voice?

2. I haven't tried this, but in one of the emulater menus there is the option something like "read the game guide". I'm thinking if you name the game and text file the same thing, this will bring up your game FAQ.
dollarhorror

Postby Vmurp on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Not only that, but you can even open up your gamefaqs documents during gameplay! Just drop the .txt file in the same folder with the rom and make sure it has the same name (except for the extension, of course). Then, while you're playing the game, bring up the in-game options menu by pressing the power button briefly (the game will remain paused) and click on "Misc" then "Read Strategy".

If you hit the "B" button, the gamefaq file will close, but if you hit the power button instead, you can leave the gamefaq open and toggle back and forth between the game and the guide for quicker access. The game will always remain paused while viewing the text file. How cool is that!

It works perfectly with GBA games, but for some reason that menu option isn't available when playing SNES games. I haven't tried it with any of the other emulators yet.
Vmurp

Postby Vmurp on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:32 pm

dollarhorror wrote:I haven't tried this, but in one of the emulater menus there is the option something like "read the game guide". I'm thinking if you name the game and text file the same thing, this will bring up your game FAQ.

Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to repeat what you just said. I must have been still typing when you posted yours :geek:
Vmurp

Postby Harkins on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Wow, that game guide feature is awesome. I totally missed it in my first bit of poking around, thanks for calling it out!

Now it is much more convenient for me to waste hours and hours indulging my completionist tendencies.
Harkins

Return to A320 hardware