Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Does Dingoo support playing full length movies? Mine Freezes

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Does Dingoo support playing full length movies? Mine Freezes

Postby tj1 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:21 am

I re-encoded some full length movies as well as some short videos to watch on my Dingoo, but it only played the short videos, it just froze when trying to open the full length movies.
This really sucks because even my old Razr Vm3 cell phone can play these movies without any problems. I would think the Dingoo is much more capable.

Is my Dingoo defective or is this a limitation?

The video was re-encoded using Nero Recode, the file format is .MP4
The resolution is 320 x 240 px, bitrate about 150 - 200 Kbps, the size of the files are 200 - 300 MB.

Thanks for any info on this.
tj1

Re: Does Dingoo support playing full length movies? Mine Freezes

Postby Dan on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:49 am

I've played standard 700MB movie files fine on mine.
Dan

Postby iliyan on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:06 am

I am playing movies a lot on my Dingoo and all work fine. I am converting the most movies to xvid4 video+ac3 audio and in avi contaiter and resize them to 320x240 - all this with the free Avisynth program. I have tried with 700MB standard movies which are also encoded in xvid and they play fine too.
I can guess the format of your movies is something non-standard or the files need reindexing so the internal player of Dingoo can play them normally.

PS: If Dingoo Linux's MPlayer can run movies smoothly, it will be easier to just put a movie file in Dingoo and run it because from my experience, MPlayer does correct many things automatically and it can play so many formats.
Last edited by iliyan on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iliyan

Postby emusan on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:37 pm

I've found that the Dingoo has some problems with certain codecs when using .mp4 container, I recommend using avi like iliyan said.
emusan

Postby tj1 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:21 pm

Thanks for the replies.

iliyan wrote:I can guess the format of your movies is something non-standard or the files need reindexing so the internal player of Dingoo can play them normally.

PS: If Dingoo Linux's MPlayer can run movies smoothly, it will be easier to just put a movie file in Dingoo and run it because from my experience, MPlayer does correct many things automatically and it can play so many formats.

I think it's standard format, I used standard settings in Nero Recode. It plays the smaller files just fine, same exact format. It just fails with the larger files. I'm guessing this might be another of the many software bugs in the Dingoo.
What exactly do you mean files need reindexing? How do I try that?

A related question:
What is the best video format to play on the Dingoo? (I'm looking for the one that gives best quality with smaller file size)
tj1

Postby emusan on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:29 pm

There is an amazing comparison of the different video formats found here: LINK
emusan

Return to A320 hardware