Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dock icon mod

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Dock icon mod

Postby akibal on Sun May 31, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi, new guy here. Just got my A-320 last nite, this things fun!
You can create an autorun file to change the "removable disk" to any title you want, and also any icon you want.
Here's how:

Create a new text document (.txt) named autorun.
Paste this:

[autorun]
icon=ICON NAME HERE.ico
label=DRIVE NAME HERE

Change the file extension .txt to .inf and save.

Paste in ROOT. Unplug and re-plug USB for results. You can also hide these files and they won't show up on your A-320. As a matter of fact, you can hide any file! Since this is a "USB drive". If you need help, let me know.
akibal

Re: Dock icon mod

Postby welshmouse on Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:53 am

akibal wrote:Hi, new guy here. Just got my A-320 last nite, this things fun!
You can create an autorun file to change the "removable disk" to any title you want, and also any icon you want.
Here's how:

Create a new text document (.txt) named autorun.
Paste this:

[autorun]
icon=ICON NAME HERE.ico
label=DRIVE NAME HERE

Change the file extension .txt to .inf and save.

Paste in ROOT. Unplug and re-plug USB for results. You can also hide these files and they won't show up on your A-320. As a matter of fact, you can hide any file! Since this is a "USB drive". If you need help, let me know.

forgice my ignorance, but wouldnt it be easier to just right clik the device in my computer and name it?
welshmouse

Re: Dock icon mod

Postby emusan on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:22 pm

yes, but you can't add a fancy icon then(or can you?).
emusan

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks