Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dingux Update! FAT Support Etc

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Dingux Update! FAT Support Etc

Postby Link on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:38 am

Http://www.dingux.com

Can't wait to try this when I wake up!

MAME me please!

Link
Link

Re: Dingux Update! FAT Support Etc

Postby DJDavemortis on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:21 am

I've just installed the new Dingux version to my Dingoo (with ILI9331 LCD) using XP
Everything went perfect, but when i reset + select it just hangs at the dingux screen
(i tried re-copying rootfs and correct zImage to my MiniSD root with no success)
Any ideas?

EDIT: ok i re-copied the files again, Dingux boots now but the screen flashes and i get following error message:

Kernel panic - not syncing: attempted to kill init!

EDIT 2: ok it works now, i re-formatted my SD card in FAT32 :D
DJDavemortis

Postby Link on Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:38 pm

@DJDaveM,

Now that Dingux works, have you tried MAME?

Curious
Link

Postby DJDavemortis on Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi Link,
I havent got MAME working yet, but... $h@d0w has tested it and posted that it works:

http://www.dingux.com/2009/07/system-installation-pack-and-toolchain.html#comments

$h@d0w said...
MAME4ALL is working with this new setup. Just played 1942 and it was perfect.

July 20, 2009 2:43 PM
DJDavemortis

Postby Haas on Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:28 pm

I get to the point where it askes me to boot something, but I can't get it booted something, there is also a bug for windows xp users that you can't use the ftp, but booboo fixed it already and it just a matter of time until he recompiles.
Haas

Postby DJDavemortis on Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:33 pm

@haas: I'm having the same problem, i tried different boot scripts "main" under local/sbin
I also tried renaming the executable of the program i want to boot to "main" but still no go.
DJDavemortis

Postby Haas on Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:39 pm

DJDavemortis wrote:@haas: I'm having the same problem, i tried different boot scripts "main" under local/sbin
I also tried renaming the executable of the program i want to boot to "main" but still no go.

yeah been there done that, I guess you need to do it by ftp on the linux side.
Haas

Postby z_man3007 on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Do you really know what makes me upset? People say I got so and so applications working and they never tell you CLEARLY how did they get it working. For instance, regarding the booboos new release of installation pack, some people said they got MAME and other applications working for them but they never clearly states HOW DID THEY GOT IT WORKING. They talk about /usr/local/sbin/main path, but they never told us whether should we create these folders manually or what. Than they talk about boot script putting in the main, but never mentions how do you create one and what is its extension. As we all know that everyone is very excited about this DINGUX. So, please, when you decide to post something make it clear so that everyone understand. IF YOU CANNOT DO IT ATLEAST SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH CLEAR INSTRUCITONS HOW YOU DID IT AND THAN I WILL DO A VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR ALL. I PROMISE. HERE IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS z_man3007@yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false. THANKS
z_man3007

Postby Haas on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:08 pm

z_man3007 wrote:Do you really know what makes me upset? People say I got so and so applications working and they never tell you CLEARLY how did they get it working. For instance, regarding the booboos new release of installation pack, some people said they got MAME and other applications working for them but they never clearly states HOW DID THEY GOT IT WORKING. They talk about /usr/local/sbin/main path, but they never told us whether should we create these folders manually or what. Than they talk about boot script putting in the main, but never mentions how do you create one and what is its extension. As we all know that everyone is very excited about this DINGUX. So, please, when you decide to post something make it clear so that everyone understand. IF YOU CANNOT DO IT ATLEAST SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH CLEAR INSTRUCITONS HOW YOU DID IT AND THAN I WILL DO A VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR ALL. I PROMISE. HERE IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS z_man3007@yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false. THANKS

I mailed you, the cause of this problem is the script guys only use linux and the non script guys only use windows.
The linux guy don't know what will go wrong at the windows guy, and the windows guy don't know what linux does what windows don't.
But we will get there together.
Haas

Postby Haas on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:46 pm

I did a full backup of my sd card after i got a lot of games working including mame. Snes is not working no idea why not so hope someone can fix it or maybe I will find a fix.
The backup of my sd card for the NEW LCD controller can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=99e9f00d21c7280ad956df2962098fcbe04e75f6e8ebb871
All credits go to booboo and z_man3007 I used z_man3007 original upload of his filesystem to make mine.

PS THIS BACKUP IS NOT WORKING 100% THIS IS A WIP (work in progress) z_man3007 CAN FINISH IT OFF WITH A MOVIE :)
PS2 PLEASE REPLACE ZIMAGE WITH YOUR OWN LCD CONTROLLER ONE.
PS3 z_man3007 MADE ME USE THE CAPS.
Haas

Next

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks