Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dingoo locks up - Reset Button Unresponsive

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Dingoo locks up - Reset Button Unresponsive

Postby Ninjatron on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:56 pm

I've had my Dingoo since April. I lurked around here since then but this is my first post.

Recently I have been having a number of problems with my black Dingoo. It is prone to lock up at any time while playing an emulated game. It's done this a few times, with different games on different emulators. The screen just freezes and none of the buttons work, not even the power switch. The reset button is no longer functional at all. The only thing I can do is wait for the battery to drain, and then charge it up again.

I have not updated my firmware or tried to install Linux or anything else of the sort. The only thing I can think of that may have caused all of these problems is when I plugged my Dingoo into my laptop running Vista to charge, not realizing that this was a bad idea. The Dingoo screen stayed on the USB connection image and was unresponsive to everything. The only thing I could do was let the battery run out. I have not plugged it into a Vista machine since then, but this is when the problems started.

The reset button does not work at all, even when everything else seems fine. So using the unbricking tool will probably not do anything. Right now my Dingoo is locked up on the "Update Finished" image after being plugged into my Windows XP machine and having Windows update automatically reset the computer. So clearly there is something wrong.

I can't say I like it when it locks up but not being able to reset and try again is the real pain here.

Any ideas on what I can do to get these issues fixed?

Sayonara.
Ninjatron

Re: Dingoo locks up - Reset Button Unresponsive

Postby eule on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:02 pm

You should at least try the unbricker tool, i bet 5$ that it works. ^^
But backup your roms before, as they will be all gone after the flash procedure...
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Ninjatron on Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:45 pm

Perhaps I am wrong and there is another way, but from what I have read, it is my understanding that the process of running the unbricking utility requires the use of the reset button. Since my reset button does not work, I am wary of trying this method, as I don't want to make anything worse.

Please let me know if there is a way to do this without using the reset button.

Sayonara.
Ninjatron

Postby eule on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:23 pm

Well, you would have to press reset and b at the same time, so you can install the usb driver. However, you can put the dingoo to usb mode by pressing power + b too. The screen will stay black, but if you connect it to usb then, your pc will recognize it.
I suggested using the recovery tool, because i had a similar problem once, after connecting to a Vista-PC, except the trouble with the reset button. Maybe your reset button is broken?
Good luck! ^^
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Ninjatron on Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:10 am

I tried the recovery tool and pretty much made things worse, by the looks of it. The screen is stuck on the paw logo and is unresponsive. Reset button still does not work. Plugging in the USB does nothing.

I'll let the battery drain again and try again, now that I understand it a bit better. But I'm pretty sure that the reset button is broken anyway, so even if I recover the firmware it might not help.

Sayonara.
Ninjatron

Postby tafsen on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:30 am

Well, if your reset button doesn't work, maybe should send it back for a fix or a new one?
tafsen

Return to A320 hardware