Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dingoo component variations, pics included

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Dingoo component variations, pics included

Postby quadomatic on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:32 am

http://www.opendingoo.com/node/10

I decided to take apart my relatively recent (ordered early june, received about a week ago) black Dingoo A320, and found some hardware variations between my dingoo and a dingoo taken apart in March, as well as the documentation listed on the a320 bluwiki. The most interesting changes are the change in memory chips (from elpida to hynix), and a differnt looking injenics chipset. Instead of a chip labeled Injenics JZ4732, there's a chipset labeled DINGOOGAME CC-3200A. The new hynix RAM chips have a higher clock frequency than the elpida chips (166mhz vs 133mhz). There are a few small variations in the other components as well.

Pictures and model numbers are included.
quadomatic

Re: Dingoo component variations, pics included

Postby knk on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:23 am

interesting, makes me worry theyll change something and the whole idea of linux being usable will go down the drain....its enough of a job to get one handheld going without all the little changes
knk

Postby iliyan on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:57 am

knk wrote:interesting, makes me worry theyll change something and the whole idea of linux being usable will go down the drain....its enough of a job to get one handheld going without all the little changes

If Dingoo Digital are smart they will make every new version compatible with the current Dingoo Linux or they even can make a better, faster, stronger Dingoo so a Linux will fly on it! :P
iliyan

Postby knk on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:59 am

i don't think it will even hurt sales that much if they were to change components, thats the thing. I know i wouldnt buy one, but id assume majority of their purchases are from impulse buyers.
knk

Postby quadomatic on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:35 pm

I'm not really worried about their sales...the problem is that this may mess up compatibility with homebrew in the future, depending on how large the changes they make are.

Linux of course still works, (I tried usbtool on mine the other day) but it's likely that in the future changes could be made that screw with the compatibility of linux, like the change in LCD controller.

It would be good if every month, a person who purchased a Dingoo that month takes it apart and records the hardware and pictures.
quadomatic

Postby Morlac on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:14 pm

quadomatic wrote:I'm not really worried about their sales...the problem is that this may mess up compatibility with homebrew in the future, depending on how large the changes they make are.

Based on his first post, I'm sure knk knew that. His point, which I agree with, seems to be that from the corporate point of view, it probably makes sense because it won't really hurt sales. If most people buy the device on impulse and only use it "off the shelf" -- meaning without any modifications or hacks -- then for those folks, it's not a problem. In fact, they will get the benefit of incremental improvements in design and/or "better" components. As many folks like to point out, the a320 is a cheap pmp first and a competent gameplayer second, (and probably, "platform for other projects" comes last!) no matter what our preferences might be.
Morlac

Postby Haas on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:50 pm

SOMEBODY BAN LOSA!!!!!!
Haas

Postby Xap on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:59 pm

He's gone, thank you for reporting, it escaped my attention.
Xap
Site Admin

Postby rigues on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:30 pm

Hi Quadomatic,

I also noticed some variation on my white Dingoo, ordered on early July, which arrived last week (Brazilian Customs are to blame). The CPU is also marked as "DINGOO GAME" from Chinachip, but there is one less chip for internal memory. The battery capacity isn't clearly visible, since there is some black double-sided tape covering the info. Other than that, the console seems pretty "standard"

I had build quality issues right out of the box. There was some kind of bad contact on the LCD connector, causing distorted colors and "red bars" over the image at random. Instead of sending it back to HK, I fixed that by adjusting the two screws nearest to the LCD module on the motherboard, seems that they were too tight and putting too much pressure on the cable.

Picture of the motherboard: http://rigues.badcoffee.info/wordpress/ ... 050983.jpg
rigues

Return to A320 hardware