Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dingoo and extern HDD? - USB Controller with dingux?

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Dingoo and extern HDD? - USB Controller with dingux?

Postby Sir Edward on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:50 pm

Hi,
does anyone know, if there's a posibillity to connect the dingoo to an extern hdd to watch movies from that disk?

and will dingux help to connect an USB controller (whatever) to the dingoo, or is that problem hardwarebased?
greets, Sir Edward

-------------------------
looking out for a game soundtrack for your Port or game? => PN
[url]Auf Songsuche für Dein programmiertes Spiel? => PN
http://www.myspace.com/yourgameost[/url]
Sir Edward

Re: Dingoo and extern HDD? - USB Controller with dingux?

Postby athlon4011 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:57 am

1. on external hdd. not possible cuz the usb port on the dingoo is not powered.

2. kinda the same thing reason as num 1
athlon4011

Highscores: 4

Postby Sir Edward on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:28 am

damn :)
greets, Sir Edward

-------------------------
looking out for a game soundtrack for your Port or game? => PN
[url]Auf Songsuche für Dein programmiertes Spiel? => PN
http://www.myspace.com/yourgameost[/url]
Sir Edward

Postby noproblem on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:25 pm

would a powered hd enclosure help?
noproblem

Postby athlon4011 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:12 pm

possibly but your still looking at a hardware mod. To allow the dingoo to view from a hdd the mini sd port would have to be converted to usb. If you used a powered enclosure that used an ac plug to power the hard drive then your tethered to the wall.

if you check my post on "what to hack" in the hack section i'm planning on upgrading the battery and having the possibility of a sd to usb transfer. The power that will be needed to spin the hdd or flash drive, will be snatched almost directly from the upgraded battery.
athlon4011

Highscores: 4

Postby bentodd2000 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:49 pm

athlon4011 wrote:possibly but your still looking at a hardware mod. To allow the dingoo to view from a hdd the mini sd port would have to be converted to usb. If you used a powered enclosure that used an ac plug to power the hard drive then your tethered to the wall.

if you check my post on "what to hack" in the hack section i'm planning on upgrading the battery and having the possibility of a sd to usb transfer. The power that will be needed to spin the hdd or flash drive, will be snatched almost directly from the upgraded battery.

What about a usb controller being used with that mod and the powered usb drive. Also with the 2 player the battery would not be a problem because I would be using it on the tv out and be able to have the a320 plugged in.
bentodd2000

Return to A320 hardware