Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dingoo A320 is FRAGILE and not pocket-portable! Be careful!

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Dingoo A320 is FRAGILE and not pocket-portable! Be careful!

Postby combinator on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:38 pm

I occasionally kept my Dingoo in my front pants pocket. This worked fine for a few weeks, but one day I pulled it out to find that the LCD glass had cracked. When the unit is off, it looks perfect without a scratch as I kept it in a plastic bag. I am not sure what caused the screen to break as I don't remember anything resembling an impact between uses. The same pocket also had an iPod Touch and what may have happened is that when I sat, my pants pulled around my leg and the unit was slightly bent around the iPod (which is the first generation, a thin and flat device). But the crack was vertical near the center, which shouldn't be where the pressure might have been. My pants aren't particularly tight, either. There was also one point where I had slipped the unit into a bag in my car, but I don't think it was particularly jostled. I treated the Dingoo with more care than my other pocket electronics, such as my 4 year old cell phone which is still going strong, and the iPod which has plenty of scratches but works fine even after I dropped it on a hard tile floor. Of course, with this kind of overseas purchase, the buyer must beware.

On a related note, I am not sure what to do with this thing. Should I try to replace the screen? Does anyone know of a compatible part? I think I can do this as I have disassembled/reassembled electronics and done some soldering. Or, should I sell it as a TV Out only device?
combinator

Re: Dingoo A320 is FRAGILE and not pocket-portable! Be careful!

Postby SONY on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Sorry about your little mishap there, mate.

And thanks for the heads up too.

P.S. Sell it as a TV Out only device!!! 8-)
SONY

Postby siem on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:30 pm

SONY wrote:P.S. Sell it as a TV Out only device!!! 8-)

Lol no :| I would try to use the RMA of DX or chinavasion ;)
siem

Postby mr_beetty on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:35 pm

sorry to hear that your screen broke, but i personally would never allow my dingoo to reside in my grimy pockets. i always keep it in a protective sleeve and put that in my purse (ahem, yes, i'm a girl :geek:) because I'm paranoid about it getting scratched or otherwise damaged. i do the same with my phone, ipod and DS.

anyway, i'm with siem on this one: contact DX or chinavasion or whoever you purchased it from to see if they'll replace it for you.
mr_beetty

Postby ThaCoBRA on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:30 pm

tell them it was damaged in transit >=P

lol
ImageImage
ThaCoBRA

Postby Mikey 134 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:25 pm

yeah always keep your dingoo in sometype of case; personally I dont think anyone should bring it anywhere without some
type of padded and or hard case
Mikey 134

Postby Dan on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:24 pm

mr_beetty wrote:sorry to hear that your screen broke, but i personally would never allow my dingoo to reside in my grimy pockets.

Maybe you should stop putting grime in your pockets.

I always carry my Dingoo in my jacket pocket with my loose change and keys.
Last edited by Dan on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

Postby combinator on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:15 am

I would say the big take-away here is that you need a HARD, rigid case for the Dingoo if you are going to carry it in a place like your pants because the unit itself does not protect against bending and breaking the screen. (At least, I think that's what happened to mine.)
combinator

Postby mr_beetty on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Dan wrote:
mr_beetty wrote:sorry to hear that your screen broke, but i personally would never allow my dingoo to reside in my grimy pockets.

Maybe you should stop putting grime in your pockets.

I always carry my Dingoo in my jacket pocket with my loose change and keys.

despite the condition of my pockets, they are not large enough to house a dingoo anyway :lol:
mr_beetty

Postby gabrielodi on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm buying that case...
http://img.mercadolivre.com.br/jm/img?s ... 27.jpg&v=O
about $9,90... Thats perfect.

Until it arrives, I'll not carry my Dingoo, it'll be there, safe, in my bedroom! :P

My old mp4 had its screen broken, cause I didnt use a case for him...
(then I made a screen with CD case, CD box, i dont know how do you call it :P)

Maybe you can make a new screen (of course, if the LCD didnt get damaged)... I'd do that...
gabrielodi

Next

Return to A320 hardware