Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Custom Theme/Firmware No text menu.

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Custom Theme/Firmware No text menu.

Postby NegroKu on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi ,

I was customizing my dingoo's theme and I came to a very nice looking one. But the font of the menu bothers me. So I customize my firmware and erase all text of the menu and put the text that I want in the pictures, allowing me to change text , effects , size of them all.

The problem is that the little icons for Apps, Emulators, etc.. (64x52px) act strange when they are highlighted.

I have a 128x52px with the icon and the text Applications. When I select Applications it seems that dngoo takes de 128px icon and split it in two images of 64x52px and put them together overlapping each other.

I create a workaround by increasing the size of the icon and putting the text in the bottom:

The downside is that the icon in the top overlap with the main menu, as I was writing this post I came with another idea, put icons on the menu 20px down and the text for it 70px to the left

This is how my theme is looking now...

I'm still trying to find why the icon behave so strange. It only happens when the item is selected.

Anyone have any idea? I think this kind of menu can help making translations and customizations of the text a much simpler task.
NegroKu

Re: Custom Theme/Firmware No text menu.

Postby MeneerJansen on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:14 pm

How did you make that custom firmware? It looks great! Can I download it somewhere? And can you still run Dingux?
MeneerJansen

Postby NegroKu on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:47 pm

I use the custom firmware 1.03TD-3 and hxftool.exe to Remove all text from the menus.
So I put the text that I want in the images of the theme.

I'm still working to fix the problem with the icons, but I can upload the theme and firmware if you want.
NegroKu

Postby rickstar009 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:51 am

NegroKu wrote:I use the custom firmware 1.03TD-3 and hxftool.exe to Remove all text from the menus.
So I put the text that I want in the images of the theme.

I'm still working to fix the problem with the icons, but I can upload the theme and firmware if you want.
Yes can you upload your theme please? :)
rickstar009

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks