Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Custom Firmware and Dual-Boot ?

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Custom Firmware and Dual-Boot ?

Postby romleinster on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:27 pm

quick question, I flashed the dual boot for dingux right when I first got the dingoo. Now I'm thinking that I want to put the custom firmware on it too. Will doing this make it necessary to re-flash the dual boot installer? I also read flashing can be as easy as overwriting the hxf and then holding down, is this still true with dual boot installed? any advice or experiences would be appreciated as I'm about 95% satisfied with the way things are working now and I'd be loathe to take a step backward and risk losing anything. Thanks!
romleinster

Re: Custom Firmware and Dual-Boot ?

Postby Ferretboy on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:48 pm

yes you can install custom firmware and get all the great themes and that. You won't have to reinstall dual boot at all. Rename the hxf file to just a320 put on root of dingoo hold down on the dpad and power on. You can change firmware up and down as many times as you like this way I have and all as been fine .

Hope this hellped you :)
Ferretboy

Postby romleinster on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:04 pm

thanks! I guess I'll give it a shot. If something bad happens, I'm sure I'll be asking for more help!

Update:

I just upgraded the firmware to the team dingoo custom set. I used the "easy" method of just renaming the hxf file and holding down on the dpad. Everything seems to have worked fine, only when I go to play my games it can't find anything. All my old folders are there and all my old files are there too (verified both in Windows and in the Dingoo Browser) only when I select "emulators" it can't detect any of my games. Anyone know what's up? Does it read the emu files from different directory or something? Any help would be much appreciated!

Also, anytime I disconnect it from the USB, it hangs on the "Update finished" screen and I have to do a hard reset with a pin.

Update 2:
Problems fixed. Not sure, but the problem with the roms not being recognized may have had to do with me forgetting to copy over the overclock apps into the apps folder.
The Update Finished freeze appears to be related to the fixed MD.sim file. Reverting back to the old one fixes this (thank goodness for picodrive!)

now what theme should I try....
romleinster

Postby Ferretboy on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Glad it worked and you right the updated MD.sim is for offical 1.1 firmware lots of people say the same thing using it on custom firmware.
Ferretboy

Postby ruffnutts on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:01 pm

This is what I`m interested in - soon as I get my black Dingoo A320 - I`m putting custom FW and Dingux on It straight away no messing!

Like the sound of the easy way to flash the firmware 8)

ruffnutts....
ruffnutts

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks