Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Custom data transfer over USB port: is it possible?

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Custom data transfer over USB port: is it possible?

Postby joepie91 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Would it be possible to, if the Dingoo is connected to a PC using USB, send custom data to the Dingoo, possibly using Dingux? I am not sure if it is possible to manually control the USB port. My idea was actually to make something that could allow you to use the Dingoo A320 as a sort of secondary computer screen. For example, you could put it under your monitor, and display an equalizer on it, that actually analyzes the music from your PC. Or you could display MSN notices (when people go online etc) on your Dingoo. Would this be possible, and would I need Dingux to do it? The PC-side software is no problem, as long as I can figure out how to communicate with the Dingoo.
joepie91

Re: Custom data transfer over USB port: is it possible?

Postby bouvrie on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:00 pm

I found this thread, referencing ethernet-over-usb on Dingux.

I guess it should be possible to make a server running on the Dingux, listening to the incoming TCP data & putting something on the screen. I also found dmx (for Linux), though not sure whether it would fit anywhere in this story. :P
bouvrie

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks