Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Crashing problem when openening in Windows Explorer.

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Crashing problem when openening in Windows Explorer.

Postby cas398 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:05 am

Anyone else get this?

My operating system is Vista SP1 x32

When I connect the Dingoo and go into my computer it slows it cause explorer to not respond and sometimes when I do get into the Dingoos memory it shows no files whatsoever.

The Dingoo then has to be reset when it is disconnected or else it just sits at the charging screen.

I haven't touched any firmware upgrades or anything just added some NES roms since I got it.

Help appreciated, thanks.
My Gaming Setup & Website.
PSN/Live = CASgamer398
cas398

Re: Crashing problem when openening in Windows Explorer.

Postby demoncleaner on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:42 am

Do you have another opportunity to test it on a PC running XP? Not that I know the problem, but lately I bought a new USB stick, Corsair Flash Voyager, and my laptop with Vista refuses to recognize it, only shows that there is something plugged in, but doesn't show it in any disk management program. So I eventually read that Vista has problems with that kind of sticks.
demoncleaner

Postby athlon4011 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:34 pm

Aye I would try your best and find a XP machine and see if it works. My dingoo works with my vista laptop at home, but it was a pain to get working and i dont remember exactly what I did. So just try a XP machine
athlon4011

Highscores: 4

Postby cas398 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:28 am

Sorry I fogot to say it had been working before hand.

On further inspection it seems to be when my MiniSD is inserted. My Dingoo doesn't read it so I think it's an incompatible Micro-Mini adapter which was bought cheap off DX (just to try).

Didn't think that would cause the Dingoo not to read though, strange eh.

Now to look for a cheap compatible Micro adapter, hopefully all will be fine.

Thanks for the replies.
PSN/Live = CASgamer398
cas398

Postby darklegion on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:21 am

cas398 wrote:On further inspection it seems to be when my MiniSD is inserted. My Dingoo doesn't read it so I think it's an incompatible Micro-Mini adapter which was bought cheap off DX (just to try).

So did you end up getting a new minisd adapter, and if so, did it fix the issue?
I just got my dingoo with a 8gb transcend microsd card, plus dealextreme mini-microsd adapter, and I seem to be having the same issue.
darklegion

Postby cas398 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:50 pm

darklegion wrote:
cas398 wrote:On further inspection it seems to be when my MiniSD is inserted. My Dingoo doesn't read it so I think it's an incompatible Micro-Mini adapter which was bought cheap off DX (just to try).

So did you end up getting a new minisd adapter, and if so, did it fix the issue?
I just got my dingoo with a 8gb transcend microsd card, plus dealextreme mini-microsd adapter, and I seem to be having the same issue.

Yes, the problem was the adapter I got had even pins even though they should be uneven, check this post: http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.7184~threadid.412614
PSN/Live = CASgamer398
cas398

Return to A320 hardware