Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

cpud automatic overclocker daemon for Dinguxv0.1 BETA

Only for posting new Dingux software releases.

Moderator: Moderators

cpud automatic overclocker daemon for Dinguxv0.1 BETA

Postby cRTrn13 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Hey all

I've just released a very BETA verison of 'cpud' for Dingux, my automatic cpu clocking daemon.
It uses A600's code and automatically adjusts the clock speed based on your CPU load (meaning it'll give you just the amount of juice you need to keep your Dingoo running smoothly and preserve your battery life as much as possible).

It runs in the background and uses next-to-zero resources as well.

Grab it from my page: http://voidcompiler.blogspot.com
cRTrn13

Re: cpud automatic overclocker daemon for Dinguxv0.1 BETA

Postby Warpedflash on Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:51 am

I thought that dingux only supported running 1 app at a time?
Warpedflash

Postby lordbla on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:27 am

It can only display one app because it doesn't have a window-manager, yet, but it can perfectly do multitasking.
lordbla

Postby cRTrn13 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:34 pm

Yup. This runs fine in the background...
Has anyone tried it yet? Does it work for you guys?
cRTrn13

Postby Flashlight on Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:57 am

Ive been using it since last night, i was having trouble with getting it to auto run until zear said i had to add /usr for it to be /usr/local/cpud/cpud I can see in the kernel window its been running/increasing cpu speed/decreasing it as necessary. Snes9x right off the bat, performs much better in megaman x, the opening level with the 2-4 cars driving by, ran horribly on default speeds but now auto adjusts/runs at reasonable fps with your program, though snes9x maxes out 101% at 420, so i think snes9x definitely needs some optimization if its maxing the hardware. CPud also helps in mame too.

I really like the program and ive definitely noticed a difference in terms of performance, its especially useful for conserving battery power with its underclocking ability. But some emulators still need a little bit of dingoo optimizing. Snes9x doesnt even show sprites for a lot of games still, like megaman x 2 x3 and secret of mana.
Flashlight

Postby cRTrn13 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:00 am

Cool - am glad it's useful!

I still need to make a few adjustments (like getting it to overclock quicker).

I agree on the emulator optimisations. I always found that a bit strange - how 420Mhz isn't enough to run snes emulation... definitely something strange going on there...
cRTrn13

Postby Warpedflash on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:53 pm

Is there actually a chance aof this doing damage? i want to include it in my quick start pack but cant if it may brick etc...
Warpedflash

Postby cRTrn13 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:55 am

@Warpedflash
I don't think so. It's limited to a max of 420MHz and people have been overclocking to that using A600's tool for a while now without any problems. I think the chip is rated to 400Mhz anyway. Maybe I'll release a version that clocks to a max of 400Mhz (configurable by command line option) and you can include that?
cRTrn13

Postby Warpedflash on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:09 am

Well im testing your 420 version right now and it seems to be fine... i will probably just include that one :D
only problem im having is it printing to the terminal every second XD makes my view terminal thing nearly useless :D
Warpedflash

Postby cRTrn13 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:51 pm

I'll compile a version without the output by default
cRTrn13

Next

Return to Dingux Releases