Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

CPS2 and MVS sound problem

All A320 emulation related topics

Moderator: Moderators

CPS2 and MVS sound problem

Postby jp1 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:21 am

Once I have disabled sound for some roms on both CPS2 and MVS I can never enable it again. Even if I delete the config files and everything other than the rom files it still reverts to no sound every time. Very strange. I know the roms support sound because it was originally turned on.
jp1

Re: CPS2 and MVS sound problem

Postby JeKel on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:35 am

Similar problem on Frogger for SNES. you may or may not have sound, then it will just go away for no reason as you are playing. Found that you can quickly re-enable the sound by pausing (START) the game for a second then continue playing (START again). Weird.
-JeKel
JeKel

Postby nardich on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:37 am

When you reset the rom after setting to no sound (or no sound), the rom restarts well or not ? I mean, is the rom stuck on the "neogeo" emulator screen or does it launch ?

It's weird, in fact. I'll look my config files tonight. (read-only config files maybe? dunno, just saying it like that...)

EDIT : sorry JeKel, didn't see your message ! All this made me remember of one thing, a few times, saving in a game (gba) and when turning back to the game, some frame (hud) were gone. Had to go back in the emulator menu to get things back.
nardich

Postby jp1 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:59 am

The roms will restart just fine, only sound will still be disabled. It doesn't go in and out either...I turned it off once and now it will never turn on again. The current roms with this problem are pocket fighter us and -j version on cps2 and metal slug 3 on mvs.
jp1

Postby n00body on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:53 am

I had that problem with ms3 but i got another set and now it work fine. Probability an incompatibility with your romset and the converters
n00body

Return to Emulation