Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

[EMULATOR] ColeCOO Version 2.0

Only for posting new releases of Dingoo OS based software.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ColeCOO Version 2.0

Postby n00body on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:02 am

Update your jukebox, it'll update the whole system.
n00body

Postby Yongary on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:57 pm

I just updated the emulator, and I have to say that it's a substantial improvement; the music now sounds like, y'know, MUSIC, instead of just bleeps and bloops, and the overall emulation is smoother.

However, there's a BIG problem: when you're in TV out mode and select a game, the whole system freezes and requires a hard reset. Yeah. :(

Other than that (fairly major) issue, good job, and good luck on your PC Engine emulator!

EDIT: The new Master System emulator also has this problem. I hope it gets fixed soon, because one of the main reason's I've stuck with the native firmware is it's TV-out capabilities.
Last edited by Yongary on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yongary

Postby spn-x on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:22 pm

@n00body : THY sooooo much for that tip , now it works :) THX THX THX
spn-x

Postby Chris23235 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 pm

Great, thankyou Alekmaul, I got my Dingoo last week, I know some of your work for the Nintendo DS and it's a pleasure to meet you on the Dingoo again.
Chris23235

Postby dezign999 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:54 pm

I too just got my Dingoo last week. Thank you very much Alekmaul for all your contributions. I loved the Coleco growing up, and its the first emulator I tried on the Dingoo :)

I also noticed an issue with TVOut not working, hope this gets sorted out. I cannot hook my old Coleco up to my new TV, it doesn't have an old antenna to attach the "TV/GAME" switch box to, lol :p
dezign999

Postby capt_bugaloo on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:27 pm

Go to Radio Shack or search on eBay for an "RF TV" connector. It has a coaxial connector that plugs into the cablevision socket on one end, and a female receptor for an RCA cable on the other end.

These have a much cleaner connection than the old switch-style box. You can buy one, along with a regular RCA cable, for about $10-12.
capt_bugaloo

Postby alekmaul on Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:32 am

Yongary wrote:However, there's a BIG problem: when you're in TV out mode and select a game, the whole system freezes and requires a hard reset. Yeah. :(

EDIT: The new Master System emulator also has this problem. I hope it gets fixed soon, because one of the main reason's I've stuck with the native firmware is it's TV-out capabilities.

Well, really strange, I'm not using TV out mode so i didn't test it, sorry about that ...
I'm using only entry.a and not the s2d sdk, like flatmush did. Perhaps he know what is the pb and i hope he also can reply to this post ...
I will search for that but really don't know where to search ...
alekmaul

Previous

Return to Dingoo OS Releases