Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Chances of seeing Battle for Wesnoth on Dingux?

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Chances of seeing Battle for Wesnoth on Dingux?

Postby Regii on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:04 am

Hey there, sorry if it's asking a little much, but is there any chance we could see a port of Battle for Wesnoth on the little Dingoo? I've heard that it alreadz worked on a much less powerful handheld, so waht about the possibilities?

The source code can be found here: http://www.wesnoth.org/

Maybe if someone could explain how difficult or possible it would be?
Regii

Re: Chances of seeing Battle for Wesnoth on Dingux?

Postby zear on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:49 am

This has been already answered here: dingux-suggestion-box-7-29-update-t867-10.html
Please search the forums before posting any new threads, thanks.
zear

Postby Regii on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:28 pm

zear wrote:This has been already answered here: dingux-suggestion-box-7-29-update-t867-10.html
Please search the forums before posting any new threads, thanks.

Gah, stupid me. Still, even though it's possible there's gotta be someone volunteering to do it, otherwise we won't see a thing... anyway sorry for the inconvenience.
Regii

Postby darfgarf on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:38 pm

you want to volunteer for it then?

think most of us have our hands full pretty much all the time
darfgarf

Postby Uukrul on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:35 pm

There are zero chances of get BOW working on the Dingoo. BOW is a big and nasty memory eater and the absolute minimum memory requirement is 128 MB, something the Dingoo with its 20 MB of free memory on Dingux is very far of.
Uukrul

Postby Regii on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Uukrul wrote:There are zero chances of get BOW working on the Dingoo. BOW is a big and nasty memory eater and the absolute minimum memory requirement is 128 MB, something the Dingoo with its 20 MB of free memory on Dingux is very far of.

Strange that I heard someone say it worked on some less powerful device but okay, if you say so then it's something to forget.
I would have tried porting something, anything, but my coding skills equal zero so... I'm the wrong person to ask.
Regii

Postby eule on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:41 pm

There are [link=http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7384]reports9/link] from people running this game with much lower specs, for example: P1 MMX 200Mhz, 32MB Ram, 2MB video card, Win 95...
But it will probably never run satisfying on the dingoo. :(
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby espontaneo on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:44 pm

Yeah I was looking at this as well, it would run, but would effectively be using the SD as swap memory - The battery would probably run out before you managed to scroll accross the map..
espontaneo

Return to Homebrew